• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Announces Z87 Motherboard Lineup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm strange, working for me in Chrome. Will report to the web folks.

EDIT: They said they are working on it. All browsers should work except IE.

Hey Hokie, when does the Z87 NDA drop? I'm trying to get an idea of how much I will be spending on a Z87 board + 4770k once Haswell comes out in June. :thup:

Love the RoG series mobo, seeing those 8 sata 6gb connector make me wonder if i can run 8 ssd in raid 0 with that board.
The reason that i still stick with z68 mobo is because x79 mobo doesn't let me run multiple ssd in raid 0 :)

Love the RoG series mobo, seeing those 8 sata 6gb connector make me wonder if i can run 8 ssd in raid 0 with that board.
The reason that i still stick with z68 mobo is because x79 mobo doesn't let me run multiple ssd in raid 0 :)

I'm sure it won't, I at least highly doubt that all of the ports will be Intel SATA3, likely some will be Marvell just like the other boards.

I'm a little confused by your statement, z68 and x79 are totally different chips/sockets.

I'm a little confused by your statement, z68 and x79 are totally different chips/sockets.

Before the X79 mobo come out, a lot of rummor that it can support 10 sata 6gb, when i read those rummor, i have many sleepless night waiting for the X79 mobo to come out so i can buy one and run my 4 ssd in raid 0
But when the X79 finaly hit the street, it only support 2 sata 6gb, just like my maximus 4 extreme moboa huge disappointment to me

What on earth would you need 4 ssds in raid 0 for anyway... Apart from just because Lol. I don't really see that as an issue.. Most people don't require that feature.

What on earth would you need 4 ssds in raid 0 for anyway... Apart from just because Lol. I don't really see that as an issue.. Most people don't require that feature.

Everybody have their own opinion when it come to created their dream pc, mine was to be able to run at many ssd at posible
Below is a pic of my curent pc, i have 2 480gb OCZ Vertex 3 ssd up top, bottom is 2 480gb Sandisk Extreme

picture.php

Another new socket/CPU :confused:

Looking at the socket, I'd have to say this is the greatest invention since sliced bread :p

So far my old model T LGA 775 Asus Commando ROG system is running OK, but it sure would be fun to build something new. :comp:

Last edited:
FYI, I was not granted permission to post teaser photos, so they'll have to wait until the Haswell.

Audio, FWIW, they have kept the socket spacing the same since LGA 1156, so there haven't been any cooler changes required for almost four years now. They even kept motherboard support from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge, so they're only requiring a motherboard change with Major Architecture Changes now. They're not as bad as they used to be PGA-478 > LGA-775 > LGA-1366 > LGA-1156 > LGA-1155 all required new boards. I suppose LGA-2011 did too, but that's a different class from the more mainstream list.

SupremeFX_Teaser.jpg

ASUS released another teaser. Can anybody else spot what else they're teasing that hasn't been announced yet? ;)

Back