• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Announces Z87 Motherboard Lineup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Rampage branding is reserved for the high-end platforms (X48, X58, X79), and Maximus is for the mainstream platforms (P45, P55, P67, X68, Z77, Z87).

Rampage Extreme = X48
Rampage 2/3 Extreme = X58
Rampage 4 Extreme = X79

Ohhhhhhhh you mean there will be a Rampage V Extreme for Ivy Bridge-E? and VI Haswell-E?

Now I get it...

Thanks LoneWolf. That pretty much takes the Maximus boards off my buy list. :-/

Edit: I also just saw that the OC Formula has the onboard buttons to change the bclk, multiplier and vcore... With the Extreme being $400 and only available at Newegg right now (it's actually OOS), and the fact that those boards aren't even going to be readily available. I'm going to grab and OC Formula ASAP.

Last edited:
Saw that yesterday but forgot to post it here. It's also cheaper than the Hero, which is very surprising to me. I'd jump on the Gene over the Hero in a heartbeat at that price. :thup:

....and it's back out of stock. Both times in-stock it lasted under 24 hours. Talk about high demand (matched with low quantities).

On a happy note, I have finished the M6E review! It's in for editing now and should publish on Monday. :D

Back