• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS B350 Prime-Plus & G.Skill Ripjavs V 3200mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BloOdje

I don't know if im posting in right section but i'll give a try:

For now on im using Asus B350 Prime-Plus with newest bios (0808) and G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GVK). QVL on Asus site is still not updated but i did a try to run my ram on D.O.C.P. Now im using D.O.C.P timings with 2933mhz, dram voltage 1.35v and soc voltage 1.1. After using D.O.C.P with 3200mhz my computer is booting but after some time in AIDA64 stability test it crashes. Also tried to bump voltage to 1.4 but i get a blue screen on start and computer is not booting at all (tried to also do it with 1.37 and the same). Am i doing something wrong since i really want my ram to work on speed and timings it was suppose to work. Is there anyone who could help me a little with it.

Sorry for my grammar etc but i guess you get the point.

Regards.

The Ripjaws V series is not one of memory products that people are able to get running at 3200 mhz with Ryzen. It will do 3200 with Intel easy by not Ryzen. With Ryzen a lot of people are getting the full 3200 mhz rated speed out of the Flare X and the TridentZ series and Flare X is the best bet. Getting up to 3200 mhz seems to require modules that use the Samsung "B" chip which the Flare X and TridentZ series have but not the V series. Which chip the memory is built around is critical in this instance. And of course, the TridentZ and Flare X series are more expensive.

Did you do any research in this issue before buying? It's pretty well-known by now.

Last edited:
Back