• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth Z77, first build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Engima

Registered
Hello, so i'm currently building my first computer and i'm stuck with the cable part. I've mounted the CPU/heatsink, plugged in Motherboard and GPU + USB 2/3. But haven't been able to find the output for the cables: +P LED -P LED POWER SW H.D.D LED etc.

http://hardware-review24.com/Mainboards/30/7.png

that's the layout of my board, also i use the NZXT 810 Switch case and all those cables mentioned above come from the back of the case where they are attached to something. I'm so confused right now.

Can anyone help me?! :screwy:

Yep the cables will likely go in the bottom right corner of the motherboard check the manual as it will show you exactly where.

#10 on the link you provided is where those go. In the manual shows where to put each of them.

Thanks, fixed all the cables. Everything is plugged in correctly however i have a problem.

Computer won't boot, the DRAM Led is red and won't acknowledge the memory. I had a friend over who helped me to rebuild it from scratch still the same problem, tried all memory in all slots all combinations still that DRAM led shining. Basically i can start the computer, all fans, everything is on but nothing shows up on the screen.

I tried everything can only assume it's a faulty mobo, any thoughts? so freaking frustrated right now..

Have you tried one stick in each of the memory slots? Perhaps loosen the heatsink up a bit? Check for bent pins on in the socket?

Have you tried one stick in each of the memory slots? Perhaps loosen the heatsink up a bit? Check for bent pins on in the socket?

Yes tried every single slot, even checked each of them with MemOk! and i've reapplied the heatsink, think my friend checked the pins as we redid the cpu aswell to make sure i put it on the right way.

It should, yes. The QVL list is a list of sticks they tested. If a set is not on the list, it means it wasnt tested.

You ninja'd me, I had no time to edit my post.

Just for the sake of it, install the system on a card board box, without the case.

Is this a joke? You think the problem lies in the case? After reading threads about other people with the same problem i think it might be a faulty mobo, my friend is getting his parts in a few days and he ordered the exact same mobo so we're going to try mount all the other parts i have on that one to see if it works.

Other then that what can the problem be when DRAM LED is red?

It is not a joke! Maybe there's a short behind the mobo and that's causing the DRAM LED error. The cardboard assembly is a completely normal troubleshooting procedure!

It is not a joke! Maybe there's a short behind the mobo and that's causing the DRAM LED error. The cardboard assembly is a completely normal troubleshooting procedure!

I have all the 9 stand-offs in the A plugs (A for ATX right?) so it's not touching anything but the stand-offs.

Sounds like you did it correct, however I have seen standoffs short the board.

Well, all 9 stand-offs are screwable so it's not like they are in the wrong position.

This really pisses me off, I'm almost 100% sure it's a manufacturing error and i haven't done anything wrong. Is there anyway to test if RAM is getting power?

I still would take out the motherboard and build it like txus said on your motherboard box. At least you would know if its a short some where, if the red light on the ram stays on after that. Well that's a new ball game, i understand your frustration, but that's the only way to do it right! AJ.

I still would take out the motherboard and build it like txus said on your motherboard box. At least you would know if its a short some where, if the red light on the ram stays on after that. Well that's a new ball game, i understand your frustration, but that's the only way to do it right! AJ.

Okay, so all i need is to put my Mobo on the box? Don't i need something under it?

No just a plain cardboard box or the motherboard box will do, the reason for the box is it will not short out on cardboard! That's why you do not need anything under neath it, just put your build on there and test it! If by chance it works then the problem is the stand off's in the case. If not then you will know it could be a problem with the Memory Slots on your motherboard! AJ.

Back