• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth Z77, first build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As you can see i gave you a choice from that same store, one of my friends has the UD3H and no problems at all. If you look at some of the reviews they are some of the top Z77 boards. But like i said its up to you after all, regards. AJ.

I mean i only ordered Case,Ram and PSU from Dustin.se and Mobo,GPU,SSD,CPU from Quizcore.se

So unless i get money back i'll either get the same mobo or another one for a similar price from Quizcore.se

Give them a call Tuesday and ask if you can change the motherboard to a different make and model and see what they say! So got to go now so see you later bye for now. AJ.

I know this may sound stupid, but a friend of mine said he had the same issue with the red led lighting up and no boot. I took a look at his sabertooth and where the bottom of the ram slots the clamps don't move, the RAM sticks weren't seated correctly. After pulling the RAM, putting in it at the correct angle to fit those fixed clamps, voila, a boot and no red dram light.

Of course, not to say you are stupid, or are doing something wrong. Or maybe try slot A2 or B1

Have you read the thread? Yes i have tried every single slot with both RAM sticks, also i have ran MemOk! every single time.

Yes I have read the thread but you keep answering it like this "Yes i have tried every single slot with both RAM sticks"
Does this mean You tryed it with ONLY one stick @ a time or both ?

Yes I have read the thread but you keep answering it like this "Yes i have tried every single slot with both RAM sticks"
Does this mean You tryed it with ONLY one stick @ a time or both ?

Sorry, english is not my native language. But yes i've tried with only one stick in every slot :p

I know this may sound stupid, but a friend of mine said he had the same issue with the red led lighting up and no boot. I took a look at his sabertooth and where the bottom of the ram slots the clamps don't move, the RAM sticks weren't seated correctly. After pulling the RAM, putting in it at the correct angle to fit those fixed clamps, voila, a boot and no red dram light.

Of course, not to say you are stupid, or are doing something wrong. Or maybe try slot A2 or B1

I thought this was the problem aswell, i tried seating it first at the locked clamp position and then holding that part down while locking it down at the movable clamp position until it clicks. If i press any harder i'm afraid the board will snap :(

A friend of mine who's not afraid to get rough with computer parts also tried seating it, same problem. I actually hoped that this would be the problem so easy to fix then lol.

Last edited:
A note to the members Engima comes from Sweden and English is not his first language, he has tried every-way to get this Ram to work!! Please kindly accept its a dead ram slots on his motherboard and he needs to RMA to exchange it. Thanks AJ. ;) :attn:

Hello, a small update. When removing the CPU from the mobo i noticed one of the CPU pins on the socket was slightly bent.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l7fftelvumy6i4a/v9_AgDegmb

Sorry for the blurry photos, they were taken with a surf pad and i have no idea how to focus with it. However you can clearly see how the light reflects differently on one of the pins, should i try to realign it? If so using what?

P.S i tried a different PSU same problem, so now i'm sure the problem lies with the mobo.

At this moment i would humbly say, have a long chat with the people you bought the motherboard from?? And ask them if they would be willing to exchange it, like we said before! Other than that i am not a expert about bent pins in CPU Sockets, so you might have to wait. For one of the other senior members to help and advise you. AJ. :shrug: ;)

If you are very care, i mean careful beyond belief. take a toothpick or something small... and try to bend it back srtraight, but only if they're bent... be very careful with this, it can be done i've done it before, you just have to calm down, and be very steady about it!

i would call them and see first,if they'll replace it. but if you want to go balls to the wall you can do it without calling them, or if they say they wont replace it and say it's your fault, give it a shot and see! it should work out fine :)

best of luck!

How did the pin get bent?

I honestly have no idea, if i had dropped it or put my fingers in the slot (lol) which i haven't.. I'd problably think that's why but since i haven't done any of that then i can't really figure out what wen't wrong. It's only very slightly bent though, can one single "SLIGHTLY" bent pin be causing the memory problem?

depending on the pin it is possible if i is bridging or not making contact correctly.

I know that NewEgg would consider this grounds for CID, Customer Induced Damage... Just saying, whether you did it or not some places are stiff about bent cpu pins

Is this a joke? You think the problem lies in the case? After reading threads about other people with the same problem i think it might be a faulty mobo, my friend is getting his parts in a few days and he ordered the exact same mobo so we're going to try mount all the other parts i have on that one to see if it works.

Other then that what can the problem be when DRAM LED is red?

WELL DO YA!?!?

Back