• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth Z77, first build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You only need the basics: CPU, any video output (iGPU and any display will do), RAM, motherboard, PSU and keyboard, no need for storage devices or other HID.

Okay thanks i will try the box thing. How do i change the Vram to stock voltage? I haven't changed anything so it should be stock right?

Remove the lithium battery for a minute or two and that should reset everything.

Moved the mobo out on the box and the same problem persists: DRAM LED shines red..

I contacted the retailer to see whether i should turn to them or Asus for a RMA, It feels like i'm just sitting here guessing what the problem might be.

Oh and i have no idea how to remove a lithium battery, http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-pr...hannel-ddr3-memory-kit-cml8gx3m2a1600c9w.html

That is the memory i use and it has a protective holster, should i just pry it open with my fingers? Does the warranty the voided then?

Stupid question..... you do have the 8-pin power lead connected to the motherboard correct?

Stupid question..... you do have the 8-pin power lead connected to the motherboard correct?

The one at the top consisting of two 4 pins next to each other? Above the CPU, if so yes i have.

I have a question, if i want to flash the bios with new BIOS updates. What OS do i choose from the Asus list? I don't have any OS installed on the machine yet and it asks me what my OS is before handing me the correct file.

http://www.asus.se/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/SABERTOOTH_Z77/#download

That's the link, is it DOS or Others perhaps?

Just use windows 7 64bit and load the bios update on a USB flash drive.

Thanks, i just flashed bios. It blinked and then went off so it installed the latest BIOS version however the DRAM Led problem still persists, and it won't POST. Just says "No DVI Signal" then goes black.

I can't think of anything else to do, Is it possible that the power supply is at fault and not supplying enough power to the RAM?

I would not think it's your PSU, it has to be either RAM or motherboard.

I might be able to borrow RAM from a friend of mine, they are DDR3 but doubt they are on the "qualified" list for the mobo because they are around 2 years old.

Should i still try them?

I would bet its your ram that is bad no the board, or it isnt compatible with the board without a bios update. corsair ram is known to act funny in asus boards. I try to avoid it like the plague because I am an asus man. but usually if you have a det dram hang on a asus board its either a: bad ram, B:bad cpu seating or bad cpu, C:need a bios update but cannot do that without the board posting.

Did you Put only One stick of ram in Like I said a few days ago and try and post with that ?

Have you read the thread? Yes i have tried every single slot with both RAM sticks, also i have ran MemOk! every single time.

I would bet its your ram that is bad no the board, or it isnt compatible with the board without a bios update. corsair ram is known to act funny in asus boards. I try to avoid it like the plague because I am an asus man. but usually if you have a det dram hang on a asus board its either a: bad ram, B:bad cpu seating or bad cpu, C:need a bios update but cannot do that without the board posting.

I have updated the BIOS, using the BIOS flashback thingie. I would consider buying G.Skill Ripjaws but was hard to find in Sweden, i've reseated the CPU twice so doubt it's that.

OP as far as i can see it really is a RAM Issue here, just spent over 30 mins reading posts in Google about your motherboard. There seems a common problem with that Mobo in recognized some types of ram @ 1.5v or 1.65v etc. There might be a work around fix and that is to try the 1504 Bios, which is a up grade for Ivy Bridge CPU's and Ram Compatibility up grade. As far as i have read about this it seems to work for some people and not for others! The other suggestion would be try your friends ram first to see if it will post and fire up? Now i must say i am no expert on this and just trying to help you out. AJ. :shrug: ;)

OP as far as i can see it really is a RAM Issue here, just spent over 30 mins reading posts in Google about your motherboard. There seems a common problem with that Mobo in recognized some types of ram @ 1.5v or 1.65v etc. There might be a work around fix and that is to try the 1504 Bios, which is a up grade for Ivy Bridge CPU's and Ram Compatibility up grade. As far as i have read about this it seems to work for some people and not for others! The other suggestion would be try your friends ram first to see if it will post and fire up? Now i must say i am no expert on this and just trying to help you out. AJ. :shrug: ;)

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I did try the 1504 BIOS before i applied the latest (1805), neither of them get me to POST.. I also tried my friends RAM (both working in his computer) and none of those worked in mine.

I'll be sending in the mobo since there is nothing left to do. P.S i also tried changing the graphics card that didn't help either and booted through HDMI directly from the mobo.

Yep well at this stage then just RMA the board back and get a replacement! But if its possible could you get a different motherboard in return?? Why, because these Sabertooths have so many issues and problems! If you could get a Gigabyte UD3/4/5H instead if its the same price maybe cheaper! Its up to you to choose what you want. AJ.

1, http://www.dustinhome.se/product/50...7-s-1155-atx-ivy/#intcmp=searchProvider_dacsa

Or better still this one above from your same site in Sweden or this one below as well!

2, http://www.dustinhome.se/product/50...7-s-1155-atx-ivy/#intcmp=searchProvider_dacsa

3, http://www.dustinhome.se/product/50...5-atx-ivy/#intcmp=searchProvider_AutoComplete

Or no 3 is a really good motherboard as well!

Last edited:
Yep well at this stage then just RMA the board back and get a replacement! But if its possible could you get a different motherboard in return?? Why, because these Sabertooths have so many issues and problems! If you could get a Asrock Extreme 4 or a EX6 instead if its the same price maybe. Its up to you to choose what you want. AJ.

I was originally going for a Gigabyte Z77 board but changed my mind when my friend told me it would be harder to OC on. I also read now that Sabertooth is good when OC:ing

I had looked at a Asrock Extreme 4 because of the popularity and satisfaction with the mobo but that would mean i had to order it from a separate store.

I guess i could ask if i can get the money back instead, but aslong as the board works i'm happy !

Edit: Yep that's exactly the motherboards i had been looking at, however i ordered the Sabertooth from a different store.

http://www.quizcore.se/datorkomponenter/moderkort/index.php/cPath/4_7

They have very good prices but low on products. You can see if you find anything other there though.

As you can see i gave you a choice from that same store, one of my friends has the UD3H and no problems at all. If you look at some of the reviews they are some of the top Z77 boards. But like i said its up to you after all, regards. AJ.

Back