• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X570 Motherboards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any speculation on the B550 boards/chipset? Will it be a PCIe 4.0 B450 equivilent? Has anyone seen anything in the way of pricing for any of these 500 series boards besides the absurdly priced Godlike?

Some more MOBO's Gigabyte off EBAY all shipping from Israel all prices are in US Dollars

Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE Motherboard CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen DDR4 HDMI GbE LAN RGB – $390.90 US

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gigabyte-X5...337505?hash=item3b33ee7ae1:g:vQ8AAOSwWuldEKqK

Gigabyte X570 GAMING X Motherboard CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen DDR4 HDMI RGB LED GbE LAN – $253.90 US

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gigabyte-X5...318307?hash=item3b33ee2fe3:g:oHMAAOSwUDldEKPv

Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER Motherboard CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen DDR4 WiFi 2.5GbE LAN – $545.90 US

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gigabyte-X5...766510?hash=item3d8df6cbae:g:t3wAAOSwDQ1dELy~

Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO Motherboard CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen DDR4 HDMI RGB LED GbE LAN – $363.90

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gigabyte-X5...728813?hash=item3d8df6386d:g:8tsAAOSwq19dELLt

Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA Motherboard CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen DDR4 HDMI GbE LAN WiFi – $418.90 US

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gigabyte-X5...756174?hash=item3d8df6a34e:g:RxUAAOSw8VxdELmA

NEW Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Motherboard CPU AM4 AMD Ryzen DDR4 HDMI WiFi – $318.90 US

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Gigabyt...417448?hash=item3b33efb328:g:KJ0AAOSw~G5dEMOb

Any speculation on the B550 boards/chipset? Will it be a PCIe 4.0 B450 equivilent? Has anyone seen anything in the way of pricing for any of these 500 series boards besides the absurdly priced Godlike?

Bassnut posted some gigabyte board link to ebay.

Those are all X570. I'm asking about the B550 board just didn't feel like starting a new thread. LOL Figured anyone here that researched the X570 would have researched the B550 too.

I have not heard any talk of B550 boards which are not expected till Q4. Anyone wanting to get in on these new chips will do so with either X570 or X470 i'm afraid. One thing I have not found any info on is how well the X370 chipset will fair at least from the best boards offered …… anyone have any thoughts?

Currently I considering the the ROG X570E Styrix though I may look at the ROG X570 Impact. There were some reservations about the small formfactor boards with the upcoming RYZEN 3000 Chips and am not sure why the reservations.

AMD shoudl still easily retain the performance/dollar if the early leaks are true. 3600X is close in performance and $240~ cheaper, especially if the 3600X can run on the non top tier boards well enough. Should make for equal performance at a significantly cheaper price point.

But what worries me is the lag time between the release of these very expensive high end boards and the release of the mid tier and lower tier boards, if it is true latter won't be available until 4th Q. A lot of people considering switching over from Intel might not want to wait that long and will go with whatever new thing Intel is offering.

But what worries me is the lag time between the release of these very expensive high end boards and the release of the mid tier and lower tier boards, if it is true latter won't be available until 4th Q. A lot of people considering switching over from Intel might not want to wait that long and will go with whatever new thing Intel is offering.

a ryzen 5 3600 might be a good drop in upgrade for someone on x370 or x470. can't see it being too much power draw for those boards @65watt TDP.

The chart in the ryzen 2 thread makes it look like you should easily be able to upgrade into a ryzen 5 on the older lower end boards making the newer ones not being available less of an issue. Especialy since the budget crowd isn't going to need PCIE 4.0 for awhile.

Last edited:
I have not heard any talk of B550 boards which are not expected till Q4. Anyone wanting to get in on these new chips will do so with either X570 or X470 i'm afraid. One thing I have not found any info on is how well the X370 chipset will fair at least from the best boards offered …… anyone have any thoughts?

Currently I considering the the ROG X570E Styrix though I may look at the ROG X570 Impact. There were some reservations about the small formfactor boards with the upcoming RYZEN 3000 Chips and am not sure why the reservations.
see the rumor thread. Someone posted up a rumored chart. Its not pretty for the big chips and anything more than a 3800x.

see the rumor thread. Someone posted up a rumored chart. Its not pretty for the big chips and anything more than a 3800x.

Yes …. thanks I seen it. Started me digging and I came across this Buildzoid video about X370 + X470 + X570 MOBO comparison and compatability with RYZEN 3000 Series.

X370 CROSHAIR VI and ASROCK X370 TIACHI Should be good right up to the 3900X though you could have issues getting ram up past 3600MHZ if that. Considering pricing this might be an option for me with my TIACHi …. well at least temporarily till I find a board I like and it is available. I am sure pricing will be better then the links I posted above once more retailers have stock and get them posted.

I am sure pricing will be better then the links I posted above once more retailers have stock and get them posted.
I hope you are correct, but wont be holding my breath. People really need to take a deep dive I to their needs when buying Zen2 to really get the best bang for the buck. It comes down to if you can actually utilize (not use) the extra cores imo. A $200 difference with cpus for the same core/thread count can be cut in half when using a proper board offering all the chipset has to offer and a capable vrm.

a ryzen 5 3600 might be a good drop in upgrade for someone on x370 or x470. can't see it being too much power draw for those boards @65watt TDP.

The chart in the ryzen 2 thread makes it look like you should easily be able to upgrade into a ryzen 5 on the older lower end boards making the newer ones not being available less of an issue. Especialy since the budget crowd isn't going to need PCIE 4.0 for awhile.

But do you think a lot of people crossing over from Intel are going to buy the 4xx chipset motherboards to start with when the new CPUs are going to run best on the new 5xx chipset boards?

A good X470 motherboard will cost near enough to a midrange to low Upper range X570 Motherboard, well once the prices settle I think. I thought of this too and a CHVII Hero or an ASROCK TIACHI are both $300+ Canadian even an Asus X570 Strix will set you back something like $250 or so. Why pay that when a little more will get you an X570 and unless you are OCing to the limits do you really need those top end boards, EarthDog is right on point on that.

But do you think a lot of people crossing over from Intel are going to buy the 4xx chipset motherboards to start with when the new CPUs are going to run best on the new 5xx chipset boards?

I don’t think zen2 will steal many people from intel. Unless looking for a full upgrade so they will go x570. As I said it looks like low end zen2 will give a good upgrade for the first gen ryzen not wanting to drop bank.

Holy **** why are they so expensive!?!? As somebody waiting for the 3950x to come out and build a new rig with it, what performance increases do I get compared to the x470?

I do not give a **** about pcie 4 or ddr4 or ANYTHING but CPU speed

Wow, been a member since 2000 and I'm just referred to as "someone" by the OC.com editor.

I think each AIB will have to have a couple. Feels like the high end is going to go really high with an over shift up.

Back