• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X570 Motherboards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think each AIB will have to have a couple. Feels like the high end is going to go really high with an over shift up.

I can't really blame them, and a wide choice of truly top tier boards for AMD is sure nice to see for a change. Anybody wanna buy a Sabrekitty? LOL
Seriously, though, prices will will probably start coming down before the holidays when the competition has heated up and everyone has their own 'special sauce' boards vying for a piece of the Ryzen boom. They probably won't ever be "cheap", but less crazy isn't an outrageous idea. I hope. :D

At first I was hoping on the 2000 series getting a price drop along with x470 mobos (which is already happening at micro center), but now with that news, maybe I can bump up the CPU/mobo budget and grab a 3600 and a low end X570.

July is turning out to be a big month for new hardware and pricing.

Kinda hoped there would be pre-orders up by now, but guess we have to wait until the day. Wonder if I can get one for Monday, or Tuesday at latest... think I might skip a new mobo initially and throw it into one of the existing systems to hit the ground running. For my testing a mobo is nothing more than a carrier for the CPU :)

Edit: this is the mobo thread? Probably better in CPU thread but either way, we're almost there. I'm even wearing a t-shirt with "Hype" on it :)

yes ……. sitting here waiting …… looking. I'm willing to bet there's more than the 3 of us. I'm wondering the same too about motherboards …. start with my X370 or buy …. X470 or better X570. If only they would put some listings up with pricing so I can make up my mind.

Mobo choice is more difficult so I'm willing to wait on that and see what's hot or not (in a good way).

Edit: moved other content to CPU thread to be more relevant.

I see NewEgg has a plethora of ATX x570 motherboards on sale this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are a number of sub $200 offerings in the bunch with the chipset fan plus heatsinks on the north side socket VRMs. This one looks attractive to me: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144262 for just under $170.

And these: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145161 https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119199

Looks like the manufacturers are pretty much retaining the same nomenclature for their board model tiers which should give some guidance comparatively speaking as to features and specs and simplify the choice process.

Last edited:
If you check all X570 mobos then their specification is similar. The main difference makes RGB lighting (more or less), additional heatsinks and better or worse audio/LAN controllers. Nearly all mobos support DDR4-4400+, even these cheapest. It actually doesn't change much as you can see in OCF review (and many others). Because of changes in the CPU/IMC design everything above 3600 has no big point anyway.
X570 mobos with WiFi have usually new AX chip from Intel. This is actually good if anyone is planning to use WiFi. Most Intel mobos don't have it yet.

The more information I get about x570 and Ryzen 2 it seems more and more like a good x470 board is really the way to go at this point.

The more information I get about x570 and Ryzen 2 it seems more and more like a good x470 board is really the way to go at this point.

A really good x470/b450 board seemed the only option for those wanting to push their zen/zen+ setups. But with much better memory support and next to no overclocking improvements on the zen2 chips, motherboard selection doesn't seem as important. Price for price, I agree that a good x470 board is probably a better option than the low-mid tier x570 boards unless you absolutely have to have pcie 4.0.
Hopefully bios revisions can help out in the future, but I think I'm going to hold off on a x570 myself until I see how the shake out.

Has anyone seen a cross comparative review yet of all the top end motherboards?

The manual for this one https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119197 claims support for up to DDR4 4400 (3rd gen). With wi fi and good memory support and the x570 chipset, $200 doesn't seem too bad at all.

Wasnt the TUF line their low end tier last round? Is it aimed at a more mid-level tier this time? Looks like they're marketing the TUF board above both the Prime boards, but I thought the Prime-Pro was above TUF last go-round? Either way, looks like a pretty good set of features for a sub-$200 x570 board.

Has anyone seen a cross comparative review yet of all the top end motherboards?
Most haven't been released and its literally been 24 hours since the CPU was released.

SHort answer is no. About all I have seen so far is what they seeded (MSI MEG Ace and Godlike - the latter top end), and the X570 Taichi.

THey are all on the websites though if you want to know specs.

Some of these mid tier x570 boards have no info about overclocked memory frequencies. And anyway with the latency issue above 3600 on the x570 boards they seem to offer little advantage over a capable x470 board at this juncture.

Can any of you please provide some recommendations on a good X470 motherboard to shoot for? I haven't built an AMD system in nearly 15 years so I'm a bit behind the curve on AMD, but I looking forward to giving them another shot with a 3700X. I will probably be heading up to a Microcenter within the next two weeks. Thank you.

Back