• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon Moblie 2600+ IQYHA:0351MPMW, THIS CHIP IS INSANE!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kenshiro said:
Hah.... lets see who can push harder.

As for my Vcore, I went straight to 1.85V, since I read a lot of people are running at that Vcore after they pass the 2.5Ghz mark. As of right now, I don't know if it is prime95 stable yet, since I am at work. If it is, I will probably increase the FSB. The only thing I am worried about is that I didn't see anyone pushing so close to 2.7Ghz with air cool. Otherwise, I will just leave it at 2.65Ghz (presumming it is prime95 stable) and lower the Vcore and let Prime95 run again. Crossing my fingers, and wish me luck.....

for all those of you who are thinking about getting the mobile.......
GO GET ONE!!!!!!!!

is that funny. My 0351MPMW needs the exact same vcore to be stable @ 2.65Ghz. 2.6 needs 1.825.

Strange thing is 2.7Ghz needs 1.95v, to me the extra 50-100Mhz are not worth the high voltage. The one in my sig is @ 1.825v

Try 2.7 with 1.9-1.95v, ill bet it'll do it.

yazz88 said:

is that funny. My 0351MPMW needs the exact same vcore to be stable @ 2.65Ghz. 2.6 needs 1.825.

Strange thing is 2.7Ghz needs 1.95v, to me the extra 50-100Mhz are not worth the high voltage. The one in my sig is @ 1.825v

Try 2.7 with 1.9-1.95v, ill bet it'll do it.

This is a common phenomenon in CPU overclocking. When voltage is applied to a CPU to get it to run faster, and up to certain voltage depending on individual CPU, it reaches the diminishing return region of operation.

A larger and larger portion of the applied voltage and power is used to heat up the CPU through leaking current, instead of doing useful computation, and the heat in turn slows down the internal transistor switching, and so the CPU overclocking frequency will level off regardless of further voltage increase.

hitechjb1 said:

This is a common phenomenon in CPU overclocking. When voltage is applied to a CPU to get it to run faster, and up to certain voltage depending on individual CPU, it reaches the diminishing return region of operation.

A larger and larger portion of the applied voltage and power is used to heat up the CPU through leaking current, instead of doing useful computation, and the heat in turn slows down the internal transistor switching, and so the CPU overclocking frequency will level off regardless of further voltage increase.

jeez, i wasnt trying to sound noobish. i know all that. i was pointing out that all 0351MPMW are very similar with regards to how much vcore is needed to reach certain mhz.

Does anyone have H2O with any of the these CPU's? I can imagine ppl with air coolers would be very impressed with their o/c, but I'm looking to get mine to 2.8-3GHz stable, any1 achieved this?

I just did my 3.3v mod on my Shuttle AN35 Ultra...wow opened up my CH-5. I am running 230 FSB with absolutely no errors in Memtest. Before I couldn't get to 220. I haven't even pushed it yet. Seriously this board is unbeatable for the money. No mods to get the mobile to work...all multi's open...FSB wide open...only problem is natively ram can only recieve 2.7v but with the mod you can do 3.3v. Not hard. Its cheap as hell too! The board I mean.

I have a maze4 sitting in corner and as soon as I get tubing and rad it will be up and running.

Alright!!!!!! So many new comers to the mobile barton family.

Remember 1 most important factor, components. For overclocking, every component counts. Lots of people then to overlook the importance of power supply. Check your voltages and see if it moves like a roller coaster. If it does, and your computer is not stable, maybe it is time for a new PS.

Good Luck to you guys and keep us posted.

Noob to overclocking here, even more of a noob to AMD...
So what when you guys get the chips, your takeing it to something like 220*12, when stock FBS is 266? So when I get one, I should put the MP at 12, and FBS at like 210 and try to keep pushing the FBS?

Also, could someone real quick link me to any Thermal Compound instructions with pictures? I am afraid as hell to put my SP-97 on it and crack it, or put it on and find out I didn't apply my thermal compund correctelly...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats wrong guys?

My moblie runs 2500 with 1.725v with 200fsb and multi jacked with no errors in prime. With 3.3v my memory on a preliminary test ran 230 with NO errors in Memtest. So with all things being equal I should be able to run 2500 with a 230 FSB right? Well at that or by even dropping the multi I can't run even a few min without prime erroring out. Guh? Whats going on...if the board couldn't handle it then I would think I would get errors in memtest right? Voltage on the chip doesn't help either. I have a new PC Power and Cooling 425w PSU and the rails are rock solid.

Suggestions?

PCGUY112887 said:
Noob to overclocking here, even more of a noob to AMD...
So what when you guys get the chips, your takeing it to something like 220*12, when stock FBS is 266? So when I get one, I should put the MP at 12, and FBS at like 210 and try to keep pushing the FBS?

Also, could someone real quick link me to any Thermal Compound instructions with pictures? I am afraid as hell to put my SP-97 on it and crack it, or put it on and find out I didn't apply my thermal compund correctelly...

I dont think there is a picture instruction to apply the thermal compound. Just squeeze a thin layer of the thermal compound on the core of your core. Just core only. The core is the rectangluar piece in the middle of your cpu. Use a business card, or something equavilent and level the thermal compound. Now, place your SP-97 onto your cpu, and make sure the 4 holes to install the screws are inline with the hex stand you install on your mobo. Now, put the screws but don't tighten all the way. If you every replace a punctured tire of a car, you will know what I am talking about. Put the screws in a cross section way. Make sure the 4 screws are already nicely install before you start to tighten them up.

Check the installation instruction of the SP-97 before you install the heatsink.

Arctic silver has instructions on thermal compound application just do a search for it on google.

I got a bit of bad luck when I got my mobile. For some reason it used to run 2.55-2.6 ghz just fine at 1.9v, but lately it can hardly run 2.4 ghz at 1.9v. I dunno what's up with the damn thing but my computer's still running fine for me. I'd rather have the stability anyhow.

mcoleg said:
Kenshiro, that's what i thought... the thing is, the new stuff is different, it's thicker, so a proper way to apply it has changed. here's the instructions:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

it's about 1-2C difference in temps, on my pIV system i've dropped temps as far as 4-5C by using this new method.

"Removal Instructions (From You)"

I thought that was funny, considering there's always a healthy layer of thermal paste on my fingers when i'm done with the tube. :D

I have a question regarding the steppings of chips... Do all chips of the same stepping and week overclock the same? Is there such a thing as a crappy IQYHA0351MPMW (factory defects such as chipped cores and whatnot aside)?

there are trends with steppings, but no guarantees.

iqyha 0351 "Y" mpmw does good, same with week 0352.

i have tried both, and they seen to do 2600 at 1.85 consistently, although some just don't make it quite that high.

these mobiles REALLY hit a wall at around 2650.

for instance i can run 2500 at 1.625, but need 1.85 to do 2650, and 1.95 to boot at 2700, and even that is not completely stable.

i really think that expecting to run a mobile barton 2500+ at 2800 -3000 mhz is usually out of the question, unless you get a freak chip and have some exceptional cooling.

anyways, try to get iqyha 0351 or 0352 "y" MPMW stepping chips.

there are the best from my experience.

:drool:

Chowdy said:

I have a question regarding the steppings of chips... Do all chips of the same stepping and week overclock the same? Is there such a thing as a crappy IQYHA0351MPMW (factory defects such as chipped cores and whatnot aside)?

Well not all.. But I must say these seem to be the most consistent steppings Ive ever seen.. Im sure others will agree also.. I love mine..

What RAM should I buy?

I have an NF7-S 2.0 with an Antec TruePower 380watt PSU. I'm going to buy the 2600+ XP-M and I'll probably do the L12 mod. So are there any ideas about what specific RAM I should buy? I don't want to spend more than $300 for 1 gig, but I do want a high FSB. It looks like many folks here have been stuck around 220MHz (without the L12 mod). What should be my expectations above that? 230MHz would mean I'd need DDR466 (PC3700). Anything more than that, and you're looking at DDR500 (PC4000) and above. Is there a Price/Performance King right now?

What MB?
All you can do is slowly raise the FSB and see how high you can get. I have to lower my FSB by about 5 MHz to get my highest cpu overclock.
thezfunk said:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats wrong guys?

My moblie runs 2500 with 1.725v with 200fsb and multi jacked with no errors in prime. With 3.3v my memory on a preliminary test ran 230 with NO errors in Memtest. So with all things being equal I should be able to run 2500 with a 230 FSB right? Well at that or by even dropping the multi I can't run even a few min without prime erroring out. Guh? Whats going on...if the board couldn't handle it then I would think I would get errors in memtest right? Voltage on the chip doesn't help either. I have a new PC Power and Cooling 425w PSU and the rails are rock solid.

Suggestions?

Strida, it's probably because it's got wormer. i think mobiles really don't like high temps. + high voltage combination, it's either or, if you can swindle that. at any rate, you should be back to your original clock come fall. in the meantime, try getting higher fsb (check Sen's thread) to compensate for the lack of cpu speed. i am testing new tictak's bios - primed for 4 hours at 251 fsb, pushing higher now.

Back