• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon Moblie 2600+ IQYHA:0351MPMW, THIS CHIP IS INSANE!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys. I have heard some people say put it on the core, and on the bottom of the HS and put it on, some the way you just told me. Hehe and yes, not tightening too hard will be the hardest part for me.

Since we're all talking about the 0351MPMW, I have a story to share. My IQYHA0351MPMW from Excaliber ran fine at 217x12 for a month at 1.7v (actual) and then all of the sudden locked its multiplier at 11. System specs:

NF7-S v2.0 - D22A1BK-R2-4247 @ 1.6v
XP-M 2600+ @ 2609MHz @ 217x12 @ 1.70V
Corsair XMS TwinX1024-3200LL @ 11-3-2-2 1T @ 2.6V
MSI GeForce FX 5950U @ 575/1010 @ 1.5v @ 75MHz
-
Antec SX1040BII case w/400W Antec PS
SP-97 w/Panaflo 92mm

To be clear, I could set the multiplier to anything I liked in the BIOS Soft Menu III section but upon saving and rebooting, it would always POST at 11xFSB. The Soft Menu III screen still showed whatever multiplier I had selected, but the status line at the top of this screen still showed 11xFSB.

Yeah, LAME! So, I ordered another 0351 from Excaliber and (luckily) just squeaked inside the 30 days for a RMA from Excaliber for the 'defective' one.

All that aside, I got the replacement last night and yes, it was the CPU. The replacement has me back and running at 217x12. There was no slop or debris on the defective CPU and I sent it back today. Since they currently do not have this stepping in stock, I am unsure what they are going to replace it with or if they will even replace it. I know over the phone they were not very nice and stated that they are not responsible for this type of problem and don't guarantee speeds etc., hence I may just be stuck with a XP-M 2600+ that only allows an 11x multiplier. I will raise a stink if they balk though because they are selling these things for the exact reason we are using them for. A stuck multiplier is defective in my eyes.

The bummer is that the replacement seems not as stable as the other one - the same settings were having slight issues so I decided to leave it at stock settings (133*15) and run SETI for 24 hours at 1.85v to burn it in. Not sure if that will help, but I just want my 2.6GHz back, dammit!

btw - the batch number on the old CPU was 0245 and the replacement is 1425 or something like that.

nocturnal714 said:
kenshiro, how much better is the 2600 to the 2500?

Personally, I do not know. But to my understand, you have a better chance to clock to a higher freq with the 2600 than the 2500. That is why I bought the 2600.

I just got my new case today, but I think I will install the new case and do the wire mod tomorrow. I do hope I can get more FSB. Just worried that the ram will crap out fast, since it is only a PC3200 ram. It is already running 10% over rated speed.

Don't forget about newegg guys, unless they are now selling a different stepping? cause a few of us got the exact same stepping by ordering from them in just the last week or two.

Kenshiro said:

Personally, I do not know. But to my understand, you have a better chance to clock to a higher freq with the 2600 than the 2500. That is why I bought the 2600.

I just got my new case today, but I think I will install the new case and do the wire mod tomorrow. I do hope I can get more FSB. Just worried that the ram will crap out fast, since it is only a PC3200 ram. It is already running 10% over rated speed.

Hey Kenshiro, is that voltage the BIOS setting or actual as reported by MBM, CPUz or -other-?

I was wondering if people that have the IQYHA0351MPMW can list their batch numbers, if possible. I don't write that part of the stepping down myself, so no biggie if people can't. I was just curious.

CitizenBlue said:

Hey Kenshiro, is that voltage the BIOS setting or actual as reported by MBM, CPUz or -other-?

That's the voltage setting in the bios. I think the actual voltage is round 1.82V.

Hey kenshiro, make sure and post the results of your wire mod here would ya!? I am waiting to hear how yours goes to help me decide if I wanna tear off my heatsink and have to nearly shove a screwdriver through my MB getting it back on again :)

Good luck with it!

will do, but i will only have time to do it tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted

Heh, the proc in my sig, the cache cut out 15 days after I purchased it. So now the system sees it as a 2.2ghz Duron... 64k L2 cache, 128k L1 cache.. interesting, yes? I got it from Excaliberpc.com.

I'm shady as to whether or not it is worth it just yet to make the jump to mobile. I have the money, so I'm tempted to go for an Opteron or FX, but I'd need a new board for those :(

-Frank

I'm at 230x11.5 @ 1.9v 3-3-3-11
got personal highest 3dmark2001 with stock speed vid card

I was stuck at 225-228fsb but with new trats bios, i could go up to 255fsb-260fsb (stability questionable).

I am surprised you didn't score higher on 3dmark. I scored 20,150 with my 2600 and pc3500 ram. I know your not overclocked on the vid card but that wouldn't make anywhere near 2000 points in difference anyway... I am running on a fresh windows install though and defrag, that might account for some of the difference. My point is not to brag, just that I know you could even get higher, good setup...

9800pro beats nvidia bad, that's the biggest point.
also ur ram timings.
but ya FX5900 is a ****ty *** card, all the hype, piles of garbage.

I was thinking of buying the OCZ PC3700, 3-2-2-7 rating one. but I don't know if i'll want to spend more then two bills on it.
but if 9800pro will give me 1500-2000 points boost, i mite go grab them.
i'd like to hear other opinions.

Last edited:
oc_byagi said:
9800pro beats nvidia bad, that's the biggest point.
also ur ram timings.
but ya FX5900 is a ****ty *** card, all the hype, piles of garbage.

I was thinking of buying the OCZ PC3700, 3-2-2-7 rating one. but I don't know if i'll want to spend more then two bills on it.
but if 9800pro will give me 1500-2000 points boost, i mite go grab them.
i'd like to hear other opinions.

A 9800 pro won't give you a higher score than your 5900 @5950 speeds, unless its an unusually good overclocker.

Back