• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
========================================================================
Battlefield 2™ v1.01
ReadMe File
Patch Information

- Patch v1.01
Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first
map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on
reflective surfaces.

Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't
exist anymore.

Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots
would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

Nice, FPS have gone crazy with this patch. I'm getting 20fps more on average than I did before. And browser is much faster this time around. I was actually able to find and get into the game in less than five minutes.

is there anyway to make BF2 work with reforce without you having to go to default and back ev erytime you start the game? i have my ingame set to 1024x768 @ 144hz, and my desktop is the same thing with reforce, and it doesnt work

i'm gonna wait to install to see if they fix any of the dropping problems.

dreamtfk said:
In the meantime check out this thread regarding BF2 and ranked servers. I thought it was interesting...

http://whutdufuk.com/?post=632558359567343750

that guy is wrong, if you filter out everything but ranked servers, filter for populated and not full, then you find TONS of ranked servers that aren't full. also there are several clans that have ranked servers, not just the big companies as he says. I've never had a problem finding a ranked server to join.

amer1337 said:
i have my ingame set to 1024x768 @ 144hz
:confused: Why the heck do you even need a 144hz refresh, that is probably putting huge stress on your video card, try doping down to 100, or 90-95. I have mine at 85. They say anything below 65hz allows you to see out of the corner of your eye you see the screen refreshing thus causing headaches and such.

This may help you, but I still think 144 is way over the top, and it looks like he had the same problem too.

mage_x said:
that guy is wrong, if you filter out everything but ranked servers, filter for populated and not full, then you find TONS of ranked servers that aren't full. also there are several clans that have ranked servers, not just the big companies as he says. I've never had a problem finding a ranked server to join.

not true i usually try to play on ranked servers only i fpossible and sometime its really hard to find a server that has room with good ping and a decent amount of ppl on it :/ Im not saying there arent a lot of ranked servers im just saying the ones worth playing on are usually always full

mage_x said:

You must play at some odd hours. Anytime after 5 till about midnight = full ranked servers.

Sure several clans have their "own" servers, but you must overestimate the amount of control each clan has over their own servers.

No passwords, No rcon (so unless you can get in the server, its impossible to kick people to make room), no mods, no changing time limits, ticket ratios... basically all you get is your name on the title for $6 a slot.

Patch sucks. WHenever i start the game it just crashes back to the desktop.!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

haven't tried with the patch installed yet, but when i used the search filter "not full" it still comes up with plenty that are...

Well they stopped it jumping out during the game. Now it does it trying to load the menu's.....

I'm another stat..... I wonder if it would have fixed the "key packet losses" I was getting as well....

Chris64 - are you using a no-cd crack for v1.0? this would cause such problems after the patch install, other than that the patch doesnt change any other files that would be anything to do with video settings etc

Meh ....

bf01.jpg

Archer36 said:
:confused: Why the heck do you even need a 144hz refresh, that is probably putting huge stress on your video card, try doping down to 100, or 90-95. I have mine at 85. They say anything below 65hz allows you to see out of the corner of your eye you see the screen refreshing thus causing headaches and such.

That doesn't really makes sense to me: monitor Hz != game FPS

Back