• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone else having crashing problems with the new patch? When I start the game it just dumps me back to the desktop, this never happened before I applied the patch.

ninthebin said:
Chris64 - are you using a no-cd crack for v1.0? this would cause such problems after the patch install, other than that the patch doesnt change any other files that would be anything to do with video settings etc

I do use a no-cd patch and I though about that so I tried starting the game from the original .exe file with the dvd in the drive and I still crashed to my desktop.

the original exe file is for a different version of the game, also the no cd patch changes other files than the .exe - if you wish I could send you the .exe and core.dll from 1.01 so you could see if that fixes your problem (pm)

TR_B said:
Meh ....

bf01.jpg

That doesn't really makes sense to me: monitor Hz != game FPS
the Hz is just to keep the refresh rate high enough so you cant see it, as he said above if your much below 65 you can see the refreshing and it will give you a headache. So higher is better, but 144 makes no sense, absolutely no reason to go that high.

Ok does anyone have this specific card and has it working in BF2? Need to try my 8500 on the other comp first but want something cheap that is known to work.

just to note ALOT of people have had problems with no-cd patching and the latest patch:
- **reinstalling and patching without use of no-cd will work if all else fails
- the no-cd did not just change your bf2.exe file it also changed core.dll
- you will need to aquire both of these files and then use your cd/dvd until a new no-cd is released for 1.01

http://www.osgiliath.plus.com/files/BF2-1.01_exedll.zip - here is the files you need uploaded to my webspace, so im unsure of the rates you may/maynot get but its not that big.

Last edited:
I have a legit copy and still use a no-cd crack. I wasnt thinking and applied the patch not thinking about how i have a older version exe. Guess ill start having to use the disk again.

Ugh..

I reinstalled and updated.

1. Wow the Browser is now whackier.

2. Where did all the 30 ping servers go?

3. They did not "fix" the bind issues.

Can they honestly qualify this as a patch? My main issues have yet to be addressed, and they said they addressed them.

/Ugh...

dunno about EA but some games deem no-cd cracks as a banable offense because you are altering thier game (which you will find reference to in the EULA) So you might not want that here. due to limitations of discussions of hacking/cracking.

PhreakinSyco said:
You must play at some odd hours. Anytime after 5 till about midnight = full ranked servers.

Sure several clans have their "own" servers, but you must overestimate the amount of control each clan has over their own servers.

No passwords, No rcon (so unless you can get in the server, its impossible to kick people to make room), no mods, no changing time limits, ticket ratios... basically all you get is your name on the title for $6 a slot.
played on non ranked from 5 to 7, then went to ranked to try it out. First try got on a server just filtered by ranked, scrolled down a page and connected. played there from 7pm-1AM :shrug:

*edit* and not going to touch this patch with a 10 foot pole lol. Breaks what is not broken and won't fix what is (with my bro's rig) soooooo when is patch 1.02? :)

Last edited:
Well if all goes well, the same thing that happened with bf1942 will occur. After a few months of decent gameplay, we will weed out all the whiners, complainers, and cs players who don't want to play as a team. Then after some patches that fix the major issues we can have an awesome game with some good teamwork going on.

Hey wait, that happened on Desert Combat. At least thats what it did to bf1942.

Late night gaming from 2am to 8am you will run into so many Laggy gamers its unbelievable. The pings sometimes range from 150-300, and the quick lag you notice when players appear to be stuttering as they move is pretty prevelent. My ping is under 30 constant.

As not to sway off subject or offend the packet-challenged gamers, I wish that we all ping the very best we can. 100 Ping with people on the server should be Max.

And the patch is the suck,still... (theres some topic in thur)

i use 144hz because thats what my moniters set at :), i was using 60hz before but it still diodnt let me open it without disabling reforce

maxxoverclocker said:
all i can say is Patch 1.02 plz! -_-

well so far these changes have occured
*can't use no-cd cracks
*can't get unlocked weapons in singleplayer by editing files
*crashes pc completely in singleplayer
*crashes to the desktop after about 10 minutes in game (no change there)
*im going back to 1.0 and am very dissapointed with ea

Just downloaded this and thats where it will stay. No install for me, I just got this game running how I want it and to be honest I don't have any problems with the multiplayer menus.

My main problem is my client crashes every time I try to open the chat menu. Fix that and I'll dl and install.

Motley said:
lol, why am I not supprised, this a typical EA "patch" ??

lol. Doesn't it usually take 4 - 6 patches for EA to get it right? No surprise here... guess I'll continue playing single player. :p

Back