• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got my 2500k to 4.5ghz prime95 blend stable for 12 hours at 1.37v in the bios. Shows as 1.344v in cpu-z. At lower voltages 1.35-1.365 it would fail prime95 blend at 8-9 hours? Whats up with that? That is with spread spectrum, c states and speedstep left on. I'm going to try using the offset voltage now so when it drops down to 1600mhz it will lower the voltage. One core hit 67c, that was my highest temp. Thanks for the guide!

edit: I used these settings which seem to be kind of specific to AsRock boards:

Turbo Boost Power - Manual
Short Duration Power Limit - 250
Long Duration Power Limit - 250
Core current Limit - 250

LLC level 2

Last edited:
Got my 2500k to 4.5ghz prime95 blend stable for 12 hours at 1.37v in the bios. Shows as 1.344v in cpu-z. At lower voltages 1.35-1.365 it would fail prime95 blend at 8-9 hours? Whats up with that? That is with spread spectrum, c states and speedstep left on. I'm going to try using the offset voltage now so when it drops down to 1600mhz it will lower the voltage. One core hit 67c, that was my highest temp. Thanks for the guide!

edit: I used these settings which seem to be kind of specific to AsRock boards:

Turbo Boost Power - Manual
Short Duration Power Limit - 250
Long Duration Power Limit - 250
Core current Limit - 250

LLC level 2

I have my C states on, Power saving -off, Speedstep-on. Turn off Spread Spectrum, it will help overclocking. Also I had luck increasing my LLC. When I did that I was able to lower my vcore and stay stable. It does ramp up when it needs it.
Hope that helps, it works on my board.

Do you think turning off spread spectrum would allow me to lower voltage?

As far as LLC goes I think level 2 will try and keep it exactly what you set it in the bios?

Spread Spectrum has nothing to do with voltages, no.

LLC levels and its results with vary. Check to see what your results are.

I dont want to give any wrong info as I'm learning too. Was just posting what worked for me. I had my LLC at high which gave me 4.5Ghz, 1.335 vcore and was stable. When I bumped up my LLC I was able to lower my vcore down to 1.31v. Now thats whats set in BIOS, it does ramp up under load.

ETA: I'm able to pass IntelBurn 10 times at maximum and run Prime95 for 6 hours.

So does that mean I just need to try each LLC level and see what works best and see if I can lower core volts on each?

From what I understand with LLC on ASRock boards with lower (bottoming at 1 I assume) the LLC the more voltage is applied for LLC, and the higher the number (3-4-5) the less voltage is applied (sometimes resulting in using less voltage during load than idle - which I can't think of a positive reason for).

So this noob (me) messed something up withing the first two steps and then got an auto shut down twice. Luckily I got back to bios. What I did was bios asus efi utility ez mode. Went to advance mode. Then went to ai tweaker changed my XMp mode to manual as the guide said. Then I was looking for that max turbo option and couldn't find it so I clicked oc tuner just once and that's when I got the auto shutdown twice. ECk getting discouraged by i shall try again. Where is this max turbo when I can change the CPU to 45x100? Even better can anyone show me. Step by step with my bios. I am a noob. Lol

So this noob (me) messed something up withing the first two steps and then got an auto shut down twice. Luckily I got back to bios. What I did was bios asus efi utility ez mode. Went to advance mode. Then went to ai tweaker changed my XMp mode to manual as the guide said. Then I was looking for that max turbo option and couldn't find it so I clicked oc tuner just once and that's when I got the auto shutdown twice. ECk getting discouraged by i shall try again. Where is this max turbo when I can change the CPU to 45x100? Even better can anyone show me. Step by step with my bios. I am a noob. Lol

Motherboard make and exact model please
(also Cpu and cooler?)

From what I understand with LLC on ASRock boards with lower (bottoming at 1 I assume) the LLC the more voltage is applied for LLC, and the higher the number (3-4-5) the less voltage is applied (sometimes resulting in using less voltage during load than idle - which I can't think of a positive reason for).

So I take this to mean I should probably just leave it where its at. I'm actually getting very little vdroop as far as I can tell.

So I take this to mean I should probably just leave it where its at. I'm actually getting very little vdroop as far as I can tell.

Try stepping it up 1. I have 5 levels and I have mine maxed. I think my puter behaves the way I want it too. Its not BSOD, or rebooting anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_droop

More complicated, but simply explanation.

If you have power settings disabled [so you want equal voltages at both idle and load] then you will definitely have a lower voltage on load then idle with vdrop enabled.

Asus P8Z68-v gen 3
I5 2500k

Antec h20 620

"Ai Tuner" section is the main section you're looking for to make most of these changes. That board is very solid 4.5Ghz should give you zero problem to get to.
Screw around and look at menus and sub menus until you find what you're after as with any bios. If you don't know what it is, ask before you change it.

The auto OC feature on that board gives you 4.3Ghz and a very solid 4.3Ghz. I don't suggest you do it, but it's that solid of a board. On a 2600K it gives you 4.4.

Ok so im scared to death to screw something up (first overclock ever :x)

ok so my overcock tuner. would that be HERE in my bios?

as for the ram and voltage i think i can find those. but i may be back xD

I have no idea where the LLC is. lol halp :(

Ok so im scared to death to screw something up (first overclock ever :x)

ok so my overcock tuner. would that be HERE in my bios?

as for the ram and voltage i think i can find those. but i may be back xD

I have no idea where the LLC is. lol halp :(

Hay dude, ppl are here to help. Great guys here. But at least read the beginning of thread so when ppl give advise you have some idea how to respond. Messing with the BIOS has always been taboo with me until I got alittle familar with the settings. The journey to getting what you want was worth it.
Fred

Back