• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm getting 1.366 max on my vcore and it holds steady between 1-3hr run, when not under load it's in the 1.35V area. I think this is the best I can do for now haha :D

TOCNoob... just something to note, that you have added info that this guide is good for the 3570K and 3770K (w00t!), but did not touch the voltages. As you well know, IB generally requires less volts than SB at 4.5Ghz. So I would insert something in there that starts out IB at 1.3v or perhaps 1.25v even so people are not cooking out of the gate. :)

Noob overclocker here and have an 3570k IB, set my ratio to 43 and got my ghz to 4.428 with my vcore being 1.25. Ran the Intelstress test at MAX levels and my temps hit 71, 77, 79, 76. On top of this guide I disabled the mutlicore enhancement and Internal PLL. CPU load is set to Medium.

I know my temps are getting up there but it got through the stress test as stable. I have a coolmaster hyper 212. Do you think these temps are ok

So I finally decided to OC my cpu. heres what i came up with just messing around. 4.4 with a vcore at 1.25. temps were reasonable gonna try to lower the voltage a bit and see if she holds steady.

Hey there im a completely new to this and i have i5 2500k and a P67A-D3-B3 gigabyte mb. i cant find the overclock tuner and nowhere in bios do i have the option to set anything to manual. please help.

Hey there im a completely new to this and i have i5 2500k and a P67A-D3-B3 gigabyte mb. i cant find the overclock tuner and nowhere in bios do i have the option to set anything to manual. please help.

You need a Z68 motherboard to overclock a i5 2500k CPU.:eek:

TOCNoob... just something to note, that you have added info that this guide is good for the 3570K and 3770K (w00t!), but did not touch the voltages. As you well know, IB generally requires less volts than SB at 4.5Ghz. So I would insert something in there that starts out IB at 1.3v or perhaps 1.25v even so people are not cooking out of the gate. :)

:bang head
I added this. I will give myself 2 shameful Picards for not having added this info sooner...

:facepalm::facepalm:

If anybody has any other edits they would like to see to the main post, please PM me with your ideas. I don't check this thread often.

Cheers!

Try under advanced CPU features... It may not be listed specifically though... not sure. Just disable Sleep states and it should be fine. Once you find your stable overclock, you can try enabling it again.

I cannot see 3rd party hosted images at the office, sorry. Assuming you registered properly (clicked on the link in your email), you should be able to host pictures at the site...

OCFinsertimages.png

Back