• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And according to my screen shots / settings, there is nothing else that can be changed besides raising the voltage? I'm not questioning your suggestions, I'm just trying to learn while doing this as well.

I just mean there really is nothing else to change at the speeds you are at.... keep us posted! :)

Worker #4 error after 2 hours of running prime95 Self FFT. So I bump vcore up again? From 1.355 to 1.360? Also, is it just coincidence that it is the fourth core that is failing everytime?

Last edited:
Worker #4 error after 2 hours of running prime95 Self FFT. So I bump vcore up again? From 1.355 to 1.360? Also, is it just coincidence that it is the fourth core that is failing everytime?

No it's not. That's your weakest core by the look of it. You don't seem to have gotten a golden chip by any means but you should still be able to do this.

You only really need to run blend mode in P95 don't worry about the other options.

Failing all else we can just use auto OC and clock the BCLK back and get you 4.3

Here is the thing about Blend mode only (I have deja vu here)... Its a memory test essentially in that it uses quite a bit of ram as well as stressing the CPU. So if that test ends abnormally (abends) how does one know for sure if its the RAM or the CPU? Chances are the ram shouldnt be bad, but why even have it in there?

Small FFT to test CPU only. Once that is good, then I would complete blend... but that is just me. Nothing wrong with blend except it wont pinpoint an issue with the overclock.

Here is the thing about Blend mode only (I have deja vu here)... Its a memory test essentially in that it uses quite a bit of ram as well as stressing the CPU. So if that test ends abnormally (abends) how does one know for sure if its the RAM or the CPU? Chances are the ram shouldnt be bad, but why even have it in there?

Small FFT to test CPU only. Once that is good, then I would complete blend... but that is just me. Nothing wrong with blend except it wont pinpoint an issue with the overclock.

Hence once we fail blend we run other tests to pinpoint it. You skin the cat tail first, I start at the head. We both make good guitar strings. :bday:

Set CPU Current to 140% (Max Setting), raised VCCIO to 1.1v, kept vcore at 1.35v.

Worker #4 failed FATAL ERROR rounding after one hour of Self FFT testing. What now? :/

Missed that thread...

Its best to keep things to one really... I had no idea others said that so we chance repeating advice and potentially confusing all involved. ;)

I saw in one thread that when a oc'er had a worker error in prime 95 that he dropped the pll voltage a notch or two and got it stable.
he indicated that the pll auto voltage was usually too high.
Is your pll voltage set to auto, its usually auto at 1.8 on my P8z68 VPro.
maybe try dropping it to 1.75 or 1.7 and see.
granted im not a super wizzard just regugitating what i have read with different problems.

if your trying to get stable 4.5 ghz stable clock...this is what i used to get mine as a starter reference and then tewaked it from there.
All i did was lower voltages from this reference and mine is stable at 4.5 with 1.27 vcore.
it will jump to 1.288 during prime but it worked for me.

Mago, there is an edit button for your posts so you dont have to quadruple post. ;)

Im doubting PLL is the issue at these clocks, but it doesnt hurt to try.

k so set the v core to 1.35 but CPUID is reading it to be 1.42~3, been running prime 95 blend for 20mins so far so good, why would it be reading so high

EDIT
and core temp is reading it as 1.386???

I've been trying to get the lowest vcore and I was wondering how many passes of IntelBurn test is good enough. I got mine down to 1.3 and 1.325 in which they will pass 5 times, but the 6th time will fail. I increased to 1.33 and it passes 7 times then fails. The guide suggests 5 times but I extented it to see how things would change.
Fred

Back