• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah, didn't see it before I booted back to windows, so I didn't change the current. I made the changes Divey had though (Disabled all three C thingies - CPU C1E, CPU C3 REPORT, CPU C6 REPORT), and disabled Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor like you suggested.

I am running prime95 again now. I didn't change the current like you suggested because I didn't find it. Is it necessary to stop prime95 and go back?

No but I showed you where the current thing was in the last post man. Coffee time. :p

C3 and C6 reports don't need to be turned off for a solid OC btw. Mine are on @ 4.8Ghz.

No but I showed you where the current thing was in the last post man. Coffee time. :p

C3 and C6 reports don't need to be turned off for a solid OC btw. Mine are on @ 4.8Ghz.

I'll go back into BIOS now and turn C3/C6 back on, as well as turn the CPU current to 180%.

I enabled mine as well. Do I need to do more stress testing because of this or is it only when something like the voltage/multi changes.
Thanks

Had posting problems was talking to a user via PM as that's all that'd work. Just want to point out that you guys need to remember this is dual channel memory here. You can't use two sticks and put them next to eachother. A1 B1 or A2 B2 is double channel. If you go A1 A2 you've put your RAM in single channel. You don't want that. Channels are A and B not 1 and 2 :)

Divey disregard the C3/C6 report thing it's not really pertinent. :). fugetaboutit as it were ;). Feel free to stress test if it will make you feel better but it's not related. They're reports from CPU>OS it's not really an internal CPU function setting per say so it doesn't technically affect your OC in any way I know of.

When you get to enable PLL voltages for higher clocks than this, the sleep/hibernation doesnt like to work a lot. So keep that in mind with PLL enabled.

Again, it seems that most of the problems associated with it are high overclocks with PLL enabled.

Ran prime95 for around 9 hours. One of the worker tests failed after 1hr 9min. The rest gave no errors. What next? :/

6Pi8L.jpg

You should still add vcore.. ;)

Testing with blend is the LAST thing I do as that tests a lot of memory and CPU so if something bombs, you may not know what it was that did it. At least in Small FFT its mostly CPU and if a worker drops its highly likely because of the CPU.

That said, if your memory is set properly in the bios (timings and vcore) then blend shouldnt bomb out.

No idea what 'add vcore' means. This is my first time ever overclocking. Does that mean add more voltage to the 1.35v CPU or 1.5v RAM? How much?

What test do I run first before 'adding vcore'. My timings are correct (at least I think).

Look at my screen shot posted above.

im a super noob oc'er but i was always told a notch up or down when dealing with vcore was .005 increments.
ie. 1.275 a ntoch up would be 1.280

Ran small FFT, got this error message after an hour on one of the workers:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4999923706 expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

What do I do now?

Sorry I was vague... A notch is the next value up in the bios....regarding your results, add that notch to your vcore. ;)

I'm curious why I'm adding voltage to my processor? Isn't the goal to get the lowest voltage setting possible? Thanks for the help.

Yes. But you are not stable. The goal is lowest voltage while being STABLE. seeing these errors in p95 will lokely lead to instabilty like bsod and freezing while in use

Back