• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 1150 Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It''ll perform just fine. I reviewed a z87 we board and overclocked on it to 4.9 Ghz.

Again 99% of boards will be fine for 99% of people. the ws isn't anything special outside of its copious amounts of sata ports really.

Agreed. Honestly the only thing I see with the WS over the other high end boards (except form a pure OC stance) is the Dual Intel NIC and the ability to run a set of graphics cards in PCIE 3.0 x16 vs running them x8. I'm not aware of any other Z97 boards that can do this? So for a gamer rig, and for someone whom wants the full bandwidth (whether it really matters or not) it looks like a good choice.

Agreed. Honestly the only thing I see with the WS over the other high end boards (except form a pure OC stance) is the Dual Intel NIC and the ability to run a set of graphics cards in PCIE 3.0 x16 vs running them x8. I'm not aware of any other Z97 boards that can do this? So for a gamer rig, and for someone whom wants the full bandwidth (whether it really matters or not) it looks like a good choice.

Z97 Extreme9
Z97 Classified
GA-Z97X-Gaming G1

All have dual NIC and run 2x PCIe 3.0 X16

I would also bet that in the enthusiast segment, there are more people that run multiple GPUs than use dual NIC's/teaming...(?). WS = more HDD........... and that's about all. :p

Back