• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice Rads cheap at DangerDen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I would have seen this before I paid sidewinder $120 for a Black Ice III last week.

Suggest the DD Standard HC maybe interesting

My unsubdstaniated theoretical prediction
oc1.jpg

Last edited:
Les56 said:
Suggest the DD Standard HC maybe interesting

oc1.jpg

I'm interested to see how these perform as well. Your prediction looks about right....increased surface area, increased performance....160mm is about a 1/4 inch larger than a Chevette heater core.

I never ceases to amaze me how we in this little tiny industry think we can produce something more efficient than the automobile and air-conditioning industries…there is a reason why no one need a patent license to produce radiator. 100 years….

Les56 said:
oc1.jpg

A little disappointing since actual results for the PA160.1 show that it performs about 15-25% better than what you're simulating there, with your simulation getting increasingly out of whack as fan power goes up.

Lothar5150 said:
I never ceases to amaze me how we in this little tiny industry think we can produce something more efficient than the automobile and air-conditioning industries…there is a reason why no one need a patent license to produce radiator. 100 years….

Hmmm, not trying to produce a more efficient radiator design procedure, rather trying to produce something using the same established manufacturing procedures which is better balanced for computer water-cooling's specific needs.

Cathar said:
Hmmm, not trying to produce a more efficient radiator design procedure, rather trying to produce something using the same established manufacturing procedures which is better balanced for computer water-cooling's specific needs.

Hummm....I'm not seeing it. Form factor is a critical requirement. You increased the size 33% compared with 120mm radiators. With increased size you got increased performance. I’m asking this as an honest question. How is this radiator much better than a heater core?

Cathar said:
Sorry Lothar5150, not interested in debating radiator design for computers with someone who has a sales-based agenda.

That is an honest technical question.

And how is pointing out that surface area is directly related to heat dissipation in forced convection....sales-based.

Last edited:
Lothar5150 said:
That is an honest technical question.

...and I gave you an honest no-bull answer.

Your entire commentary here and elsewhere has displayed appalling levels of disrespect towards other manufacturers and ideas, here and at XtremeSystems. Public forums are not where sales-based agendas are aired, and manufacturing/sales representatives take pot-shots at other manufacturers or designs in order to score points for their own product that they are pushing, which is quite obviously the agenda which you have here from the get go.

I am not here to engage you in a debate such that you can attempt to point-score by attacking other designs.

I'll call it how I see it, and that's how you are behaving here (OCForums) and at XS.

Last edited:
You know I can't think of the last time I posted this, anywho: Hi everyone, I'm thread monitoring.

Cathar said:
...and I gave you an honest no-bull answer.

Your entire commentary here and elsewhere has displayed appalling levels of disrespect towards other manufacturers and ideas. Public forums are not where sales-based agendas are aired, and manufacturing/sales representatives take pot-shots at other manufacturers or designs in order to score points for their own product that they are pushing, which is quite obviously the agenda which you have here from the get go.

I am not here to engage you in a debate such that you can attempt to point-score by attacking other designs.

I'll call it how I see it, and that's how you are behaving in this thread.

Stu,

Black Ice Rads cheap at Danger Den on every major forum come on....

Please don't preach ethics to me I have been a Marine Officer almost my entire adult life. My commentary in this, and other forums was justified given the totality of circumstances and it was done completely in the sun.

What you don't see and what you are not privy to is your problem in judgment. I likely had a someone violate and NDA which is why the price of HWLabs radiators drop dramatically the same week my radiators shipped to retailers. So, yes I did jump into threads to inform people my radiator was out and a lower cost. Please forgive me for not allowing my product to get scuttled.

As to your radiator...it's not even geared toward the same market segment as our radiators. My observation and subsequent questions are purely technical.

Last edited:
I'll re open this after I've composed my entire response and then posted it.

...now. Here's how I see it. This forum was conceived with the intent that the computer enthusiast could gather to aquire information on how to make the most of their systems. To that end I will say that:

1) I encourage all manufacturer's to produce components that the masses can make use of and to offer said products at as generous a price (to the consumer) that they can afford to do. And...

2) I also encourage all consumers to do as much investigating of the suitability of such available products to make sure that neither advantages nor disadvantages are overlooked and that such investigative results are made known to the public at large. But...

3) This is not a place to air corporate beefs.

To all sides I say this. If you want to beat the competition, make a better product. As an end consumer I'd be more than happy to reap the rewards of lower prices and/or increased quality/functionality. If you think your product is best, show me the money. Nothing like results to prove a point. If you think the competition is giving out misleading information, again show me the money. Nothing like results to prove a point. Don't tell me all about it, just give us the proof that your product is better. I'll take data over opinions 8 days a week. And if anyone has any thoughts about trying to skew truths or otherwise decieve the masses just to bump their profit margins know this, this place has a low tolerance for deception and we are the market. Now I don't want anyone following this post of mine with "but I'm just trying to prove that we're right and they're wrong." Petty last-words or one-up-man-ship won't earn anything more than the ire of the mods.

This thread started as a notice of good deals on rads, with that in mind if anyone else knows of cheap goods post away, and we'll take a look at the costs, and qualities, of said products.

I guess if you 'dont see it' you're just missing out....

My personal observation about a product is such - either design it better, or cheaper. Two ends of the stick here.
If you cannot design it better + cheaper, re-design it. If your product doesn't support itself, then perhaps you need to re-think again...

Regardless, thats some very decent prices on radiators... watercooling has needed this for a while.

I have no problems with manufacturers alerting users to their products. If they don't do it themselves then they usually get one of their friends to do it anyway under the guise of a new forum member. Better to just be open and honest about it anyway.

I just object to:

1) The hijacking of threads to push a competing product. Just start a new thread and be done with it and let it stand on its own merits. It just smacks of bad forum etiquette, whatever the reasons.

2) The dissing of competing manufacturer products by another manufacturer.

This just creates an acrimonious fallout that no public forum needs.

Lothar5150, if you want to ask me about reasons behind the design the PA160.1 radiator then do so in one of the threads concerning it. I do not wish to hijack this thread with off-topic information.

If you want to cast aspersions about your products having superior quality, then back it up with an independent report/review.

I apologise to the OC Forum's members for speaking out like this, but I have seen Lothar5150 do the same thing here, at Procooling, and at XtremeSystems and I think it's unprofessional.

I will say nothing more on the matter.

Yes that was predictable wasn't it Cathar. Still being the school marm. Still reaching for the tired old "independent reports" about other manufacturers products eh! I see your minion is there again helping you out to discredit another product with your righteous indignation and moral high ground about others so called conduct. You dont seem to have a conduct problem over on the other forum you act as moderator in with "The dissing of competing manufacturer products by another manufacturer" do you.

Javascripterror said:
Yes that was predictable wasn't it Cathar. Still being the school marm. Still reaching for the tired old "independent reports" about other manufacturers products eh! I see your minion is there again helping you out to discredit another product with your righteous indignation and moral high ground about others so called conduct. You dont seem to have a conduct problem over on the other forum you act as moderator in with "The dissing of competing manufacturer products by another manufacturer" do you.

For the record, i have nothing to do with Cathar at all, he lives in an entirely different country to me...?

Since when were independant reports tired and old? I personally dont believe someone who doesnt release information on their testing, let alone ON THEIR OWN PRODUCTS.

I've never been a stooge for Cathar JSE, i think you're just sore that you might actually have to send products out for review rather than have everyone believe your own half assed testing... you simply dont like me because ive been questioning what you say from the start, its a personal bilk, isnt it?

Try making a product thats a step forward in the industry JSE, rather than just making money off others designs, whom you then insult... and you're too afraid to do it on the forums on which you pimp your wares, what a fantastic example of a retailer/manufacturer you are.

fwiw mods, I wouldnt have said jack if i wasnt personally attacked. JSE, you should be ashamed of yourself, this shows more and more that you're just in it for the cash... I'm surprised that you didnt pimp your own rads as being better than the hwlabs range, as you do on OCAU.

Back to the rads, people. Nothing to see here...

Last edited:
Cathar said:
A little disappointing since actual results for the PA160.1 show that it performs about 15-25% better than what you're simulating there, with your simulation getting increasingly out of whack as fan power goes up.

We can only guess whether it is theory or testing which is at fault.
until both are tested on the same bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back