• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

broke a ram clasp on asus motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psych

Registered
what to do! i can now only us 2x3GB ram or 4x4, but i want to be able to use 2x4, i dont know what to do:/

what to do! i can now only us 2x3GB ram or 4x4, but i want to be able to use 2x4, i dont know what to do:/

Well, you can try to RMA the mobo...but honestly, you can probably still populate the slot. Are you talking the lock for the RAM or the socket it's self?

the lock for the ram

I'd still use it, just beware when you move your case around. You system will always need to be turned off, and after any move you probably want to check to see it's still fully ungaged before powering it back on. It's not the best idea, but our other option is to send it in to Asus for repair...maybe $30-$40 bucks would be my guess.

Is the RAM clasp broken at the base or at the top? Do you still have a warranty on your board?

its the top, yes i have warranty, but I broke in accidently when i put together the computer, its only one port, but i am going to register at asus tommorow

If only one is broken, I see no reason the other wouldn't hold the stick in, as long as the ram is seated correctly.

Ps, your first post makes literally, no sense.
can now only us 2x3GB ram or 4x4, but i want to be able to use 2x4

You mentioned, you can use three slots, or you can use all four and then you say you want to use all four. That seems fine to me. :screwy:

If only the top is broken just get some 5 minute epoxy or JB Weld and use a toothpick to carefully apply it. Slap it back together and I bet that it will work fine.

Back