• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD, Machine Check Processor Context Corrupt, THE WORKS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't like how some of the SMD caps on the bottom of the processor look.

Looks like some got damaged!

RollingThunder, you may be right. It was pure luck that I had my light over my head when I was checking the pads on the CPU. You can't freakin' see the goop unless you get some direct glare.

RJARRRPCGP, that's quite possible as well. I'm going to try my cleaning trick. If it works, this proc is due for a hardcore prime95 run. If it doesn't work, I'll have a new one from Amazon on the way tonight.

Okay, I ran home, pulled off the Heatsink and the CPU, cleaned both with %70 rubbing alcohol.

I carefully swapped the CPU pads with alcohol. It removed whatever goop was on there with no apparent residue.

Stuck everything back in, and booted back up. Failed.

Resetted the CMOS again for giggles, booted up, went to BIOS and saved (the ASRock seems to like it more when I save again after resetting the CMOS), rebootted, got slightly further in the Ubuntu boot process (got to the 5 or so loading dots) and then BAM, failure again.

I'm going to place an order for a fresh i7 3770k from Amazon right now... :cry:

I'll let you know on Monday. It was shipped this week and should arrive then. I'll update this thread as soon as I know. Sorry to hear that you have having the same issue.

Looking forward to finding out the result, I called ebuyer this morning and a courier should be out tomorrow to pick up my CPU. :thup:

I wish I had a spare socket 1155 CPU around to test if its the MOBO or CPU...

Would have also be interesting to know if our CPU's are from the same batch.

Quick update on my end, the CPU is still in transit (even though the damn tracking site said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday).

According to the tracking site, it just arrived in my town this morning at roughly 3am. I hope that means it will get here today.

Best of luck with the new CPU! (When they decide to give it to you)

Fingers crossed!

Shame it hasn't arrived yet. Mine was picked up today so will be with the vendor tomorrow.

I spoke with my CTO at work and showed him the error that was output, I explained I had been able to perform a memtest off the ubuntu live CD. He suspected, in that case, the problem would definitely but with the CPU and not the MOBO.

Finally got my CPU back from eBuyer yesterday and im pleased to report a new CPU also solved my issue.

WHAT IS IBT HOW TO RUN THIS IBT?

"IT'S FIXED!!! The CPU was the problem. Running IBT to confirm, but so far I'm golden!!!"

Hello Merlin

I have faced the same issue from past couple of months time. I am not able to recover and use my system. I have more important data so kindly advice me to recover data and solve the issues as early possible.

1. What is "IBT?"
2. How to run IBT

Share me your guidance to recover my data are and I have been used Linux operating system.

Thanks in advance

Amirtharaj

The OP had a bad CPU and had it replaced.
IBT is a stress testing software, not for data recovery

Back