• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get ram up to speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
P-States? and you want me to undo what I have just got working?
LOL no but if you do the flash you should set everything back to default before you do. So if you get a chance I would appreciate it. Just curious to see them.

From what I was reading I might loose some stability with the 9590. I think I might just keep the 1901 bios. I know there is a newer 2002 bios but I can't find any info on it.

From what I was reading I might loose some stability with the 9590. I think I might just keep the 1901 bios. I know there is a newer 2002 bios but I can't find any info on it.

There really isn't any difference between the 8xxx and 9xxx Cpu's and if Johan has found the his 9370 runs better with the bios he mentioned I would go with that one. He's done a lot of work getting his 9370 and high speed sticks to run properly on the CHV-Z.

Like I said earlier and I'll re-iterate now the new BIOS versions are broken. They're terrible for ram set up. I used version 508 beta for the longets time and it worked with my 9370. As manny says there's no real difference between the 8350/8320/9370 or the 9590.
Have a look on this page about halfway down post # 2388 and 2389 http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731320&page=120. I spent a couple nights trying this out specifically. You'll see that the bios wasn't reading the memory profiles correctly.

EDIT: and just FYI the 1403 BIOS is the first official version that supports the FX-9xxx CPUs

Well gonna go DL the older BIOS then. Johan I hope your hands are clean. Cause my bios is in them. ;)

OK well I'll be incommunicado soon for a while. Just check your manual for the the proper procedure I laid out earlier and I'll make a point of checking back in when I'm able. Will be at least an hour if not a bit more. Like Manny suggested before you flash put the bios at default by pressing F5 and saving. Then flash , let it start up and you should be able to set the ram speed and timings/volts, don't change anything else and it should work just fine.

Bios is at 1403.

Here is the .txt from my CPU-Z for mandrake.

Now off to put timings and what not back in place.

Attachments

• GAME.txt
    125 KB · Views: 96
Should have left it alone... On my phone typing as I am back to square one even with the settings I used last.

Should have left it alone... On my phone typing as I am back to square one even with the settings I used last.

That is no big deal really. Just flash back to the bios you just flashed away from. Take what you get/had for memory timings and be happy. I never expect a bios change to allow the exact same settings to be good. I always flash expecting some adjustment to be needed. So if you cannot re-adjust...flash back and use the computer.
RGone...

Yeah except I was stupid and did not download the newer version I had. Aaannnddd I only have one pc. X(

1 tip, when you set something stable and want to check new BIOS then save screenshots of your settings to some flash drive -> F12 button in BIOS. Profiles are never working on a different BIOS version even though the same settings are usually working.

No worries, I'm sure we'll get it working. What have you done so far?

The settings I had last. 10-12-12-31. Then 11-13-13-32. Currently tempted to find a hammer.

Did you set the ram voltage to 1.65? How about CPU_NB ?

EDIT: Make sure you do a CMOS clear on the board then try again. That's important and I forgot to tell you that.

Did you see my edit? Also I'd like you to verify that the bios actually changed to 1403

I would start from everything at auto. Memory manually 1866 9-10-10-28 , command rate 2N 1.65V and when you will be sure that everything is stable then save profile and move further. Best if you save profiles in slots 1-4. For some reason 5-8 are sometimes disappearing. 1866 clock is standard for memory controller so it shouldn't need any other voltage changes like CPU-NB.

Therer was also something else that I had to check back on. Put your ram in slots 2 and 4, that's what the manual says for dual channel with two sticks. I noticed that very first CPU-z ram shot you were using slot 1.

Therer was also something else that I had to check back on. Put your ram in slots 2 and 4, that's what the manual says for dual channel with two sticks. I noticed that very first CPU-z ram shot you were using slot 1.

There is no mention of if this in my manual and it is in dual channel. Post confirms it even.

Back