• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Size Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trajanus

Hey all, I'm building myself a new computer and I'm worried about everything fitting in the case. I'm going with an ATX motherboard (12.0" x 9.6") which has been fairly easy to filter by since most case postings (using newegg) state what motherboard they can fit, but of more concern is fitting the videocard(s?). I'm planning on going with one Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB and probably adding another in the future. I've been reading a lot of horror stories on newegg about the newer and bigger videocards causing all sorts of space issues forcing removal of harddrive racks, case fans, etc. I haven't been able to find physical specifications on the card, but I'm guessing its probably relatively large since its newer. Also a concern is fitting the powersupply, I'm planning on going with an Antec TPQ-850 850W whose physical specs are: 3.4" (H) x 5.9" (W) x 7.1" (D). And of course, it needs to fit into my desk 24" (H) x 8.4" (W) x 24" (D).

Anyway, I've looked at a ton of cases on newegg but I haven't really found one that I'm totally sure will fit everything, so I turn to your collective expertise to help me find a solution! Oh, and I'd prefer to avoid LED lighting but I can always hang a sheet over it or something if I have to sleep while it runs. Never did understand people's fascination with having lights on their case. :)

Thanks for the welcome and quick response! That case looks perfect except for one thing, its 9" in width so it wouldn't fit into the hutch of my desk. :(
Thanks for the suggestion though!

I like the Cooler Master HAF 932 . I'm going to tell you now it's huge! Plenty of space, really good cooling and the best part is....no LED's :cool:

Btw, Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

While I own an ATCS 840, I can agree whole heartedly as the interior is largely the same. Great pair of cases, I almost wish I had a haf, and might get one when I go i7.. but it depends.

Back