• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CaseLabs TH10 Red and Black Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
P3nnywise, I hope you don't mind my derailing the thread slightly, but I wanted to ask you what you use as your table/workbench. I'm looking to get a dedicated setup so that I can stop using the dining room table and was wondering if you'd have any suggestions. Thanks.

I have a workbench out in the garage and racks full of tools, but I still choose comfort in my computer chair with a piece of wood left over from the desk I built. I set the piece of wood on a large foot rest. Then when im done for the night, I pick it up with everything, mess and all, and set it aside. This way if im in the middle of somthing, I can pick up were I left off the next day. It all depends on what your working on. This is what I did when I was building cables. Otherwise I used the garage workbench for the other things.

If you have room I would go with some kind of wood benchtop with a plug strip on the back side. I have always liked workstations that you can lower and raise as your projects change and you want them at different heights. It all depends on how offten you are going to be using it and how comfortable you want to be. If I'm working on a project, I'm usually there for quite a few hours. Hope that helped.

so i'm workin 60 hours a week right now, so things are pretty busy and not much time for modding, but I got a little time in today to work on my gpu support. I'm gonna scrap the old one and go with the new one. It came out much better. Let me know what you guys think.
dscn0316g.jpg

dscn0322z.jpg

dscn0328o.jpg

P3nnywise,

What are you running for a voltage on your CPU? I'm the same way as you in that I settled on 4.8 Ghz for my CPU. I only ask because I'd like to compare your temps to mine. I don't think I have a very even or probably very good block mount because the temps across cores are pretty uneven.

Mine maxes at about 55,64,63,58 across the 4 cores running Prime95. A more "real world" stress test like AIDA64 maxes it at about low to middle 50's across the cores. I'm pretty confident I've achieved stability at 1.395 Vcore, but had to up my memory a couple bumps to get that because I'm running 16GB. Your temps seem to be about 8C better than mine so I was just curious what voltage you were running. Also, my room temp probably averaged 75-76F.

I was at PDXLAN this last weekend and picked up first place in the modding contest with my TH10 EpiDemic build. It will be featured on the front page of CPU magazine. I will post the final proffesional pictures as soon as they come in.

here's a couple pictures that just came in. I will have others soon. still waiting on the raw tiff files.
epidemic15.jpg

epidemic16.jpg

p3ennywise....I've been lurking on the forums for awhile. Joined today just so I could tell you how fantastic this build is. It's inspiring me to put one together myself. Love those Caselab t10's. Quick question...if I do one, I would end up using harddrive cages in every slot on the PSU side for a 16 disk raid array. What would you change in your build if you had to accommodate that? The top rad on the psu side would have to be smaller, unless you used the extended top. Extended top? Pedestal? Additional rads if the space was available? Would love to hear your thoughts.

you would have to go with 360 rads if you loaded it up with hard drives. if you got the cap on the top, you could use 480 rads. depends what your going to load it up with on how much cooling you need. I obviously went overboard on the cooling. You dont realy need that much, but my temps are sweet. all depends how much hardware you are using.

Holy crap Penny, not sure how I missed this build. Your sleeved cables are the best I have ever seen:)

Did you make that EVGA 'bracket'?
What does it do? Help support the GPU?

Yes I built the bracket from scratch. Its used to support the gpu mainly when I transport it to lans. I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I'm going to get 2 680 classifieds. So I will need to build a new one.

I have to say I think this build looks amazing. I'm not surprised it's winning competitions.

Are you planning on adding more radiators? I'm not sure I understand the functional purpose of all of the non-radiator fans on the right side of the case.

And at the risk of sounding noobish, are the GPU supports really necessary, or are they mainly for decoration? Either way they look great.

I have actually had a few people asking me to make them a gpu support. I'm so busy right now with work, I barely have time to sleep.
Yes the gpu support is necessary. these card are very heavy. look at other liquid cooled systems and you will see the sag. Not to mention if you hit a speed bump or pot hole when driving to a lan.
I shouldnt need any more radiator, the way most things are going, they wont need as much cooling anyway. most of the fans are for the push pull on the radiators. the fans on the bottom are mainly for looks and the fans in the front are to help create a positive pressure inside the case. at the lan my gpu was idoling at 17c.

The functional purpose of the 'non-radiator' fans is to bring cool air into his system and exhaust it out the back. You still have to have air moving even with liquid cooling:D that is their functional purpose.

But, P3nny I would for sure want one of those. How do they mount?

I made mine to fit in some in a couple screw holes that was already there. It basically mounts to yhe mobo tray.

Back