• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Not Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We did the same procedure as before. Removed all unnecessary, and tried powering up. Just twitches the fan now, and the light we plugged in just flashes (idk how for how long, only once though)

Replaced power supply. Still does the same thing. Will replace MOBO sometime this week. Hopefully nothing else died.

Nope! Replace mobo and we got a nice old gray and blue bios screen! Used an MSI H61M-P31/W8 and a 500W EVGA PSU.

Yes we can boot into bios and move around through it and everything. We didnt have time to install drives and the other stuff since i had to go to work. I believe all is good. I had her check, and the CPU looked fine.

ALL of it. I am 800 miles away sadly. She gets frustrated and likes to give up, but I am trying to help that.

Will do! I will update you guys again once we get everything totally running again. Needed to get a new wifi card too which will be in Thursday.

By the way, do you guys think it is safe now to plug in the front panel USB ports and all that? I also have some molex connector lights for the front of the case and inside blue lighting. The only thing I changed when I originally had the system is I cut the wire for the firewire port off since that is a dead interface. (I don't believe that the cord is connected to anything other than the port which isnt being used anyway)

IMG_6139.jpg

This is the system we are working with by the way! (Before the original problems a month ago that is)

Last edited:
It is fine to hook up all the other connectors that you mentioned it wont cause any trouble, the cut fire wire is fine so long as it is not shorting anything. Looks like a cool blue light's in a pink room.

Back