• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Demo Links...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Greetings!Not with an ATi VPU.

Talking about the 2900XT that I had running 850/975 with Crysis, they where so close that it made no difference. Onlything that made a difference was 32-bit and 64-bit which 64-bit was faster yet I had crashing issues with it.

Greetings!
Talking about the 2900XT that I had running 850/975 with Crysis, they where so close that it made no difference.
Congratulations, then. :beer:
I dont have an ATi card to test, so I just relied in the articles:
http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=698&p=5
http://www.techspot.com/article/73-crysis-performance/page6.html
And, it seems Anjow performance increased in DX9.
Onlything that made a difference was 32-bit and 64-bit which 64-bit was faster yet I had crashing issues with it.
That puzzles me. :confused:
I get better performance in Vista32 than Vista64, the same happens with the Fudzilla guy (I know, not a good source) and there was also a discussion in the TweakGuides forum that Vista 64 was slower.
Then, there are reviews that show Vista64 faster than Vista32.
It truly puzzles me.

PS: You tried it in XP32?

XP is faster that Vista surely by a good few points. I personally haven't tested it but just seeing what settings people are running with res and settings.

Greetings!

For clarification, I dont play at Very High since I dont have system for it. And XP-32bits-DX9-High feels a lot smoother than Vista-64bits-DX9/10-High.
With XP the game plays fluid, with Vista there are too many hiccups.

PS:
And I am not the only one experiencing it:
http://www.yougamers.com/news/13720_crysis_32_vs_64_bit_-_the_real_story/

I don't see how Xp is any bit faster when benches show across the board that on an equal field against Vista that there is extremely minor differences. Perhaps at High, Vista is utilizing some Dx10 features. Hard to say.

The site you linked above in this quote was conducted very poorly. However I do like the other links you posted on 64vs32 but, even you mentioned that there are sayings on the contrary going for 64bit performance.

I don't see how Xp is any bit faster when benches show across the board that on an equal field against Vista that there is extremely minor differences. Perhaps at High, Vista is utilizing some Dx10 features. Hard to say.

The site you linked above in this quote was conducted very poorly. However I do like the other links you posted on 64vs32 but, even you mentioned that there are sayings on the contrary going for 64bit performance.

I don't know what to tell you, but XP32 runs much faster than Vista64 on my computer with the same settings using either a 7950GT or 8800GT. Also in Vista there is this horrible mouse lag of 0.25-0.5 seconds that makes the game practically unplayable.

Greetings!
I don't see how Xp is any bit faster when benches show across the board that on an equal field against Vista that there is extremely minor differences.
Not here.
If time allows, will bench with the new released WHQL nVidia drivers.

I don't know what to tell you, but XP32 runs much faster than Vista64 on my computer with the same settings using either a 7950GT or 8800GT. Also in Vista there is this horrible mouse lag of 0.25-0.5 seconds that makes the game practically unplayable.

Is this lag within the game itself only or all around in windows as well?

well people have hacked crysis so they can play MP through the SP demo lol on lan and what not :)

Back