• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Demo Links...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Sandbox2 Installer

Install that. Then open it with this..

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin32\Editor.exe

Does anyone know how to add weapons to your player in the sandbox? I've tried modifying some of the player weapon packs but there are so many to choose from. I'd like to add some frag grenades, some flash bangs, maybe some of the other weapons I'm seeing in ther as well. I'm not sure which "player_xxxxxx" to modify and I'm not sure how to actually use each player_xxxx when I which to in game either. It'd be cool to just go nuts with a bunch of weapons on the enemies.

Edit: On a side note, this game is one of the few that live up to it's hype. It looks absolutely fantastic. It could use a way better story, but then again that's what the HL2 series is for. This game has set the bar for graphical superiority in games and I think it'll be a while before something comes along that will beat it. Maybe Alan Wake, but I doubt it. Alan Wake didn't look as vivid as this did in the HD video trailers. This DEFINITELY still has bugs though. I'm hitting all kinds of bugs here and there. It's getting annoying. I hope they fix them soon.

Last edited:
I am not joking. I just creamed my pants. The sandbox IS AMAZING.

Do this.
Load the multiplayer map.
Place a bunch of trucks/hovercrafts next to each other
Place a bunch of C4
Go on a mountain
Press detonate
Cream your pants.

Oh and btw...
YOU CAN FLY HELICOPTERS IN THE SANDBOX!!!

XP
1680x1050
64x2 @2.4GHz
7900GS 630/906
163.75 Driver

Low ~25 fps - Looks alright, not spectaular obviously
Med ~10 fps - Looks pretty good IMO
High ~2 fps - Very nice

Physics are still very good on low, as far as I can tell anyways. Shooting leaves off trees doesn't seem as effective in low but mowing the tree into tiny pieces with the Hummer gun is fun! Took me a bit to get the controls. Gotta work out a better control config, not sure what still :\ Otherwise me likes! The suit powers are cool. Nomad's voice reminds me of Jack Carver. General feel/style so far reminds me of Farcry, and I'm good with that. It will probably change in later levels probably. And no bugs or problems :thup:

9/10

One 8800GT to go please :)

I am not joking. I just creamed my pants. The sandbox IS AMAZING.

Do this.
Load the multiplayer map.
Place a bunch of trucks/hovercrafts next to each other
Place a bunch of C4
Go on a mountain
Press detonate
Cream your pants.

Oh and btw...
YOU CAN FLY HELICOPTERS IN THE SANDBOX!!!

How do you do all of that? How do you use the C4? I've added a few things to the default_player's equipment pack thing, but I can't seem to find the C4 in my inventory.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it! Holy CRAP that is awesome!! This game really is amazing stuff. It's a shame that it's buggy, but I'm having loads of fun in the sandbox. I personally think the sandbox is 10x more fun than the SP campaign. The explosions are just incredible. I'm about as in awe of this game as Jason Plato was when he test drove the Zonda F. It's really blowing me away. I can't wait to see how it is in DX10. This is what I bought this card for. And this is why I'm going to start putting away money for the next gen cards coming soon.

When do you guys think there will be a card released that can totally max this game out @1680x1050 16xAF 4xAA with everything on very high @45+fps? I'm looking forward to playing this game in all it's glory. My personal guess would be maybe a year from now and we'll be able to run it maxed out above 40fps. As of right now I'm enjoying it as is!

Last edited:
If you know what TL is, I got it off of there at 700KB/sec before it was even released on file planet. Try private torrent sites for this file if you don't want to wait.

Also for Nvidia users, download the latest beta drivers for your card. They are optimized for the Demo. I will let you know how this 8800Ultra setup runs the demo tomorrow.

Um - okay, how to create a level from scratch? It doesnt seem all that intuitive - you end up with a large blue square thats 2048x2048 and no detail....i can generate terrain but then it looks like you have to texture it and all that crap.... :(

I want drag and drop!

First Impressions:

Visually, MOSTLY everything looks good.

Rock and other textures look washed.

Flashlight looks washed and VERY outdated.

Graphical problem with the safebox you encounter on the beach. (might be an ATI thing)

Running everything 1680x1050 all HIGH. NO AA OR AF. Plays smooth, although the plane in the beginning slowed things down a lot and the cutscenes slow a little.

Min 12
Max 64
Avg 26.636

fraps up till second checkpoint at 1600x1000, 16xAF, 4xAA, XPSP2, 163.71 drivers

ran smooth except for a bit of screen teraing 1nce or twice, odd since my refresh rate was 85...

2 questions:
1 -I cant choose a higher res than 1600x1024 for some reason. anyone know why? kind of retarded as my desktop is 1920x1200 and the monitor can run higher than that. Ive seen people using 1920x1200 is this vista only or something?

2- DO you only get DX10 effects using very high in vista or are they enabled throughout the quality settings (ie with high and medium too)
if so i think ill still hold off on vista judging from my framerates as any higher will be unplayable...

overall game looks sick, cant wait till after exams next weekend when i can finally oc this rig and get a few more frames..

First Impressions:

Visually, MOSTLY everything looks good.

Rock and other textures look washed.

Flashlight looks washed and VERY outdated.

Graphical problem with the safebox you encounter on the beach. (might be an ATI thing)

Running everything 1680x1050 all HIGH. NO AA OR AF. Plays smooth, although the plane in the beginning slowed things down a lot and the cutscenes slow a little.
if you are talkign about... everything is transparent and weird ? just change seetings to medium, then back to high and its fixed.

Min 12
Max 64
Avg 26.636

fraps up till second checkpoint at 1600x1000, 16xAF, 4xAA, XPSP2, 163.71 drivers

ran smooth except for a bit of screen teraing 1nce or twice, odd since my refresh rate was 85...

2 questions:
1 -I cant choose a higher res than 1600x1024 for some reason. anyone know why? kind of retarded as my desktop is 1920x1200 and the monitor can run higher than that. Ive seen people using 1920x1200 is this vista only or something?

2- DO you only get DX10 effects using very high in vista or are they enabled throughout the quality settings (ie with high and medium too)
if so i think ill still hold off on vista judging from my framerates as any higher will be unplayable...

overall game looks sick, cant wait till after exams next weekend when i can finally oc this rig and get a few more frames..

first of all very high =dx10 only, which is only in vista.

for the res you need to go into soem config files and change the res there.

With AA at 8x and everything on High (On XP, can't use Very High) I'm getting about 30FPS. If I turn AA off I get about 45 FPS. If I up AA to the 16xQ thing, not even entirely sure what the Q stands for, I go down to about 17-20 FPS.

My res is 1680x1050.

With my Q6600 and eye-balling the task man graph, it looks like 2 of my cores are consistently around 50-60% and the other 2 are around 15%.

this game is sick, im glad i got her downloaded last night

BTW, the SLI likes this game too.

What are your framerates and at what settings? I'm considering going SLI in the near future and I'm wondering if it's worth it or not.

Back