• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Demo Links...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have any of you tried everything on low? It definitely looks like it would run on older hardware without too many issues. I'm gonna install this on my girls 6800XT rig and see how it is. I'm betting that with everything on low it'll run great. The gameplay is fun even without the insanely good looks.

Ugh, my ISP decided to limit my speed to 30kb/s internet and 85kb/s torrent after I popped up bittorrent because fileplanet kept dying on me.

I didn't even download anything more than 50MB today.

Have any of you tried everything on low? It definitely looks like it would run on older hardware without too many issues. I'm gonna install this on my girls 6800XT rig and see how it is. I'm betting that with everything on low it'll run great. The gameplay is fun even without the insanely good looks.

yeah for sure, it runs on 9800pros / 6600gt's :)

Rattle.... what are your in game Min framerates on just High?

this is the gpu timedemo included in the sp demo. 3 loops... I dont know why noone on the web is using these to compare, there's 2 timedemos, you can set whatever settings you want when you run them, I havnt seen a single person online compare using them, kinda ironic since between 3 forums there's 100,000 crysis threads right now.
res is 1680x1050 all high no AA
drivers set to high quality

Attachments

• fps crysis.jpg
    fps crysis.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 130

i told the game to auto adjust for my system(sig) and it set it all to low, i had it at 800x600 in a window and i got an average of 16fps. it played smooth but it will lag alot. i will be walking forward then try to shoot and 4 seconds later it shoots. not sure if there is a problem with any of my drivers or anything, i hope so since i won't be getting a new video card until the new ones are out i think.

Is it just me who noticed that baddies take like a million rounds before they go down?

Also, I get like really good frame rates until I like make a turn and it like lags for a split second but its soooo annoying! Do you think this is a graphics card, memory, or cpu issue?

Is it just me who noticed that baddies take like a million rounds before they go down?

Also, I get like really good frame rates until I like make a turn and it like lags for a split second but its soooo annoying! Do you think this is a graphics card, memory, or cpu issue?

I noticed that as well..kind of annoying.

Also on the frame rates, i get good FPS (See sig for details) but like you said i could turn the corner and it'll lag for a second like it can't think. IMO, im not that impressed from all this hype on this game, i may have to pass actually :eek:. I have a ton of fun playing TF2 though :santa:

I tried to edit the island.cry single player level to add more weapons. I inserted more weapons in the sandbox, saved it, then started a new game and they weren't there =/ Anyone know how to do this?

I get about 15fps at 1024x768 with all high settings and no AA. With 6x AA it goes to about 10fps. Seems like it might be good if I could actually play it. By the way, do alot of the textures look like @$$ to anyone else? I keep remembering better looking parts of oblivion which shouldn't really be considering the performance. Maybe it's all the super detailed faces idk. Don't get me wrong it looks awesome overall but I expected more. I guess DX10 is supposed to be like night and day but.......vista....ewwww

I tried to edit the island.cry single player level to add more weapons. I inserted more weapons in the sandbox, saved it, then started a new game and they weren't there =/ Anyone know how to do this?

yeah you cant do that, the only map that can be played through the actual demo is the island map that came with it, configured how it was, other wise there would be no point in them selling crysis because people would download the demo, make mods / maps fro mit and there would be no need for crysis lol. so you cant be done other than playing it through the editor its self.

i told the game to auto adjust for my system(sig) and it set it all to low, i had it at 800x600 in a window and i got an average of 16fps. it played smooth but it will lag alot. i will be walking forward then try to shoot and 4 seconds later it shoots. not sure if there is a problem with any of my drivers or anything, i hope so since i won't be getting a new video card until the new ones are out i think.

if your playing it on the system in you sig, then there is no problem, it requires dual core at least.. and the video card isnt cutting the butter either :/ sad to say, but you need to upgrade.

Goto view -> database view
Click open
Add asian.xml or asian_new.xml
Close the database view
On the rollup bar, the first tab, click archetype entity
The AI archetypes should be there, simply drag and drop into the level

bought a Q6600 local today and it gave me a little boost. This games is made for quads, now I can run a mixture of Very High and high settings. Occasional slowdowns but very playable.

q6600 is running at 3560Mhz.

Back