• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Demo Links...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tip: If you shoot WHILE you're cloaked, it takes away all your nano-suits power, but if you quickly de-cloak, shoot, and then re-cloak, you don't lose any power at all. :beer:

Nice tip, I'll have to try that. As if cloaked mode isn't too powerful already.

Trust me guys it isn't easy. It takes a lot of patience and dexterity to do it on a really good down-low while not alerting the whole bunch, especially when difficulty is set to the harder modes. The more you move while you're cloaked the quicker the suit will drain power. I usually do one of two things.

1.) If there is an enemy that will see you if you run across to the area you want to hide in next, and there's just no way around it, then I'll run passed him while being cloaked, but the suit is going to be empty, so you have to make sure that you have enough time to get to an area where you can lay down, switch to armor mode (which recharges your suit very fast), and then re-cloak, and then dispatch your enemy using a lure of sound or just being able to sneak up behind him and shoot him in the back of the head.

2.) If you think you can run without being cloaked and not be seen, then I'll do that, lay down, and cloak. Then lure my enemies by de-cloaking, shooting towards them/at them, and then re-cloaking immediately. Once you learn the quirks and how your enemies will react to this it gets really fun to do, and you can change it up in a lot of ways to make it interesting.

I like tossing items to get the enemies attention then go in for the kill :)

The enemy isn't half stupid they will look around at things and if they hear a noise they will investigate sometimes they will see you in cloak, so be warned.

BTW have you seen when you enter the village at dawn, using the binoculars, one guy is peeing into the water on the pier, another guy is smoking by the chicken coop, but haven't seen what the 3rd was doing. Intresting little reactions I've seen, but the guy peeing takes the cake, actual stream coming from him too.

This game apparently runs like crap on High or Very high settings on any current high end system. Looks like I'll have to wait till the 8core cpu's and a new flagship videocards in order to get higher than 20fps min on either of these 2 settings.

On my system with settings at High plaing 1280X1024 with 16xAA I average about 22fps. Not the greatest in the world but surprisinly completely playable.

But wow this game is awesome, I think it lives up to the hype thats been built around it, I was having a blast running around cloaking and killing. The cloak is by far the most deadly ability of the suite for sure.

Check for yourself.. These are saved as low color gif's so quality isn't that great. With aa at 16xQ, frames in game drop about 10 fps, but it is a bit sharper.

[/IMG]

You now what, you're right. I just tried 16Q myself, and I could notice the difference, but it didn't have nearly the performance hit I thought it would. It looks fantastic.

This game apparently runs like crap on High or Very high settings on any current high end system. Looks like I'll have to wait till the 8core cpu's and a new flagship videocards in order to get higher than 20fps min on either of these 2 settings.

8 cores? C'mon. There isn't a game in SIGHT that would need more than a Q6600 in order to run. All these newer games are GPU limited. The only people that could use 8+ cores right now are editors like me who need as much as they can get. Crysis runs totally and completely fine on my machine with everything set to high AND with the ini tweaks to have all the Vista options on. And I only have 320MB of video ram. My Quad barely breaks a sweat when this game is running.

alright i tried on vista, and with shaders/text/shadows and no AA everything else set on high, i was pretty smooth (didn't check FPS)

now lets see how it runs on XP with 16Q AA and everything on high :) I seem to run games much faster in XP so...

Well even if it's not optimized for more than 1 core, it still runs anywhere from 25-50fps during normal gameplay and that's fine for me for something that looks this good.

This isnt accurate at all.

I am running 1600x1200 on all High settings with 2xAA. Perfectly playable and no stuttering.

8 cores? C'mon. There isn't a game in SIGHT that would need more than a Q6600 in order to run. All these newer games are GPU limited. The only people that could use 8+ cores right now are editors like me who need as much as they can get. Crysis runs totally and completely fine on my machine with everything set to high AND with the ini tweaks to have all the Vista options on. And I only have 320MB of video ram. My Quad barely breaks a sweat when this game is running.

What resolution are you running?

Can you be more clear with High + Vista options?

Vista = Very High, so you either have everything on High, everything on Very High, or some of each.

I'm running at 1680x1050, and when I turn it to 16xQ w/ my OC'd GTX and Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz, I'm only getting around 15-20FPS. I find it hard to believe you are using 16xQ with a 320MB GTS and it is "playable" with things turned up more than "High" unless you are running a low resolution.

Poor CPU Usage by Crysis SP Demo

See title and the appended pic.

The full game will be released on Nov 16, 2007, yet the demo this close to the official release date still has poor CPU usage! It is kind of puzzling!

PS> Rivatuner 2.06 beta supports OC with Driver 169.01.

908xmf.png.jpg

Back