• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Demo Links...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so you are complaining about it not using more ?

Of course!

This game is billed as one that will make FULL use of multi-core CPU's. In fact, the more cores, the better! Quad core will out-perform dual core! That's the talk of the town!

However, when you look at my pic, you will see that a dual core is not even fully used! I am very surprised! I built my rig to sort of especially answer the challenge of Crysis! But it's not even using the full potential of my CPU.

I just want better fps and higher settings!

Err, shouldn't really bank on the cpu to increase your FPS and ability to set higher quality parameters. That's really the GPU's job. Things like AI and physics will rely on the CPU, but they're not going to rape the thing.

What resolution are you running?

Can you be more clear with High + Vista options?

Vista = Very High, so you either have everything on High, everything on Very High, or some of each.

I'm running at 1680x1050, and when I turn it to 16xQ w/ my OC'd GTX and Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz, I'm only getting around 15-20FPS. I find it hard to believe you are using 16xQ with a 320MB GTS and it is "playable" with things turned up more than "High" unless you are running a low resolution.

if you read back he isn't using 16xQ, but Tyranos is.

running on all high settings, 16Q AA, on 1280x1024.

I get about 30fps avg on 1152x864 and is VERY playable)
After messing around for awhile, I lowered all my settings to medium on 1280x960 to get rid of that ridiculous studdering issue when turning and sure enough, it got rid of it entirely. It's a much more enjoyable playing experience now and to be completely honest, I don't notice too much of a difference graphics wise....

Finally installed the demo. Will play as soon as The Lost Prophecies of Nostradamus is over.

if you read back he isn't using 16xQ, but Tyranos is.

But he did use it, and said it was playable. I'm not asking about his 24/7 settings.

running on all high settings, 16Q AA, on 1280x1024.

I get about 30fps avg on 1152x864 and is VERY playable)

I would need screenshots. Try getting one with Fraps running. This doesn't agree with the results other users are getting. You know you have to account for an outdoor shot like looking at the cliffs and the ocean maybe. Not indoors staring at a wall.

Things like this: http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQxMCwzLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Are why I am skeptical of the reports of some of the users here. I feel users tend to over exaggerate their actual performance.

For example:

@ 1280x1024, an 8800 GTS 640MB at Stock clocks w/ AA off. They get an average of just over 30fps. That is with the hardcore things set to "Medium" as well. I know our cards our OC'd but I don't think they will get the increases results some are reporting. Some people are reporting results of higher FPS then various reviews, with 16AA and everything on High.

Again, the highest # you ever see is not the "FPS you are getting" :p.

Last edited:
All settings Very High 1360x768.

No problems here. I would guess a 30fps average. AA off.

I should make some NO AA runs tonight with the time demo and normal game play using FRAPS logs.

I should make a list of those people I believe and those I don't. :p

rainless: I believe.

I run 1280x720

Combination of high/very high changed config files. 35-40FPS using DX10 under Vista. Key here is Vista since this game does run slower in Vista at least wiht ATI cards now, not sure how the newer nVidia driver helps out.

With everything turned to high I'm getting 20-25fps running in DX9 mode at 1680x1050. The end cutscene was down to less than 10fps though. Total crap.

I run 1280x720

Combination of high/very high changed config files. 35-40FPS using DX10 under Vista. Key here is Vista since this game does run slower in Vista at least wiht ATI cards now, not sure how the newer nVidia driver helps out.

Yea, I don't know enough about ATI's cards to have any idea of what to expect with your card.

What about AA?

Total crap.

Crysis was thinking the same thing about your video card. :beer:

But in all honesty, this is a brand spanking new, superior engine. If 256mb video ram was barely enough back in the day for Oblivion or even EQ2, why would 320mb any better for Crysis? The card just doesn't have the throughput or processing power for this engine.

lol, I don't really need to provide SS because I can honestly care less if people don't believe me, but I'll see what I can do :)

oh and if I really wanted to lie, it wouldn't be that hard to put 2 numbers on the corner of the screen on photoshop :)

i'll go ingame on XP and Vista and take few screenshots for you, but Vista doesn't have fraps installed, so i'll take a pic of the benchmark

lol, I don't really need to provide SS because I can honestly care less if people don't believe me, but I'll see what I can do :)

oh and if I really wanted to lie, it wouldn't be that hard to put 2 numbers on the corner of the screen on photoshop :)

i'll go ingame on XP and Vista and take few screenshots for you, but Vista doesn't have fraps installed, so i'll take a pic of the benchmark

Well, I'm not accusing you of lieing. Just saying some people exaggerate. Not saying you are doing anything dirty, just being a bit too optimistic ;).

The 16xQ has brought GTX's and Ultra's to their knees. It should be understandable why someone claiming a GTS can do it w/o issues is a bit out of the ordinary.

Back