• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D26 NF7/NF7-S Speed Fire by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, I'm just paranoid cause i have way to may things on my sata drive! I don't wanna go through another install.....

I was going to go w/ cpc off, but now after what I've read, I'm going with it on....seems like you need 20+fsb to make up for cpc being off.....

I'm using WD hdd's, so can anyone confirm this uses sata 4227 or a newer one that FORSURE works w/ sata?

Alright, I guess I'll give it a try *crosses fingers*
I am using abit's officail bios 20 right now, and I believe i'm using sata version 4.2.12 (or 3112a, lol)....

I'll just keep my fingers crossed :)

Tebore said:
Just update the drivers to the latest from SIL which are 1.0051 and then flash it making sure you set the PCI discard(I think that's it) setting from 30us to 1ms.

Can I screw up anything by installing a new driver? I found that driver, but haven't installed it yet....

and why do i need to change that from 30us to 1ms? Something about corruption right?

Sorry I'm a sata raid noob :(

iLLestOne said:
Can I screw up anything by installing a new driver? I found that driver, but haven't installed it yet....

and why do i need to change that from 30us to 1ms? Something about corruption right?

Sorry I'm a sata raid noob :(

The 1ms thing is the reason why Corruption occurs. I have the 1.0051 Driver and it's fine.

I have Taipan CPC off with the newest SATA 4250 Bios if someone would like to host it. I'm using it and don't notice any downsides only faster boots and my array seems to be a bit snappier.

Holy Smokes! I'm a believer!

I installed the D26 ver 2.0.05C Taipan 0.1_25.09.04 (CPC off) and I can't believe the results- Currently running at 240 X 10.5 @ 1.85 vcore with my Mushkin BH-5 timings at 2-2-2-6-

the best I have been able to achieve in the past was 220 fsb with just about every bios available.

with a vdimm mod I'm sure it would go much higher.

Thanks Merlin!

I had to back it off to 220 X 11.5 - stability. I still find this a very acceptable result, running stable at 220 fsb when all I could achieve before was 220 very unstable. Once i get a vdmm mod done, I'll push it up there a bit higher.

Still, a great BIOS!

itshondo said:
I had to back it off to 220 X 11.5 - stability. I still find this a very acceptable result, running stable at 220 fsb when all I could achieve before was 220 very unstable. Once i get a vdmm mod done, I'll push it up there a bit higher.

Still, a great BIOS!

If you only have 220 Get the CPC On version otherwise you'll have some really crappy 3D scores. With CPC off you need to be able to push the FSB up a vigourious amount compared to your CPC on wall to get over the disadvantage.

For instance in my case I had only 222FSB at 2.5,3,3,11 with CPC on. With CPC off I can use 233 2.5,2,2,11 which makes up for the loss and then some.

I was under the impression that it was best to use CPC off for my Mushkin BH-5- I could probably run higher if I loosed up my mem timings.

Once I push my Vdimm to 3.2 -3.3 volts it ought to fly.

It's BH5 man, the whole reason why it's so amazing is it's ability to do low timings and run a high FSB with insane voltage at a 1T cmd.

Give that thing 3.2 Volts run a CPC ON bios and watch the good times role. CPC off is only useful for crappier 2x512 sticks, like mine.

All
by -=Merlin=- said:
D26 Speed Fire 0.1 & 0.2

- indifikation Mobeil AMD Athlon XP-M
- Romsip Bios Tables Cpu Interface 133 & 166 & 200 MHz (Romsip Modded by -=Merlin=-)
-- Speed Fire 0.1 Tables (Optimised 200FSB Register)
-- Speed Fire 0.2 Tables (Optimised 200FSB Register)
- L12 mod built-in
- Bpl 3.02 -- Bpl 3.19 Cpc On

D26 ver. 2.0.02 Speed Fire 0.1 Bpl 3.19 15.09.04

D26 ver. 2.0.03 Speed Fire 0.2 Bpl 3.19 15.09.04

by -=Merlin=-
I need help please, how do I decide which bios to use for my system,
NF7/2600+/OCZ Platinum rev2 2x512/160 IDE hard drive

also when I tried to use flash menu to change bios I get an " bios file size error" response, can I use the abit flash menu? It requests a bin file and when I use the rar file provided it gives me the above error.

Sorry newbie to flashing bios,

TommyT/A said:
All
I need help please, how do I decide which bios to use for my system,
NF7/2600+/OCZ Platinum rev2 2x512/160 IDE hard drive

also when I tried to use flash menu to change bios I get an " bios file size error" response, can I use the abit flash menu? It requests a bin file and when I use the rar file provided it gives me the above error.

Sorry newbie to flashing bios,

Extract the .RAR first. Then flash the bin inside.

Tebore said:
Extract the .RAR first. Then flash the bin inside.
Thanks, what exactly is CPC, and do I need to eliminate it(pick C bios version) for my OCZ 2x512-3200 Platinum r2's? Or is it for slower RAM thanks again.

Thanks, what exactly is CPC, and do I need to eliminate it(pick C bios version) for my OCZ 2x512-3200 Platinum r2's? Or is it for slower RAM thanks again.

CPC stands for "Command Per Clock" - enabling it gives a signifigant bandwidth boost over having it disabled. Signifigant enough that any FSB gains from running it off, are easily outperformed by a lower FSB with CPC on.

Most people with a gigabyte of RAM are unable to run CPC on at higher speeds, and tight timings. 2 X 256 meg sticks of RAM typically have no problem running CPC on.

So, in your case, you want to try out this BIOS: http://hslab.pl/biosy/ABIT_NF7-S/D26/Bpl_3.02C/D26_ver.2.0.05C_TaiPan_0.1_25.09.04.rar

Which has CPC disabled. You might want to try out a CPC on BIOS first, and see how it works out, and then go to a CPC off BIOS if you are unsatisfied with your results.

I first changed the bios to mantaray xt and I got the same 250/249 FSB, with a little bit better memory band with.
One question when comparing bios, should I look for the highest FSB/memory bandwidth mm5 scores or go through the stability tests(prime 95) for each one?

Here is my scores, I know I'm going to have to back it down to run stable any suggestions

EDIT; how do I post those thumbnails to large pictures?

Back