• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D27 Taipan 0.1 [EB] [ED] Bpl 3.19 08.12.04 Beta Merlin Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright tested it out all night. My FSB limit remains the same at 245, but at 245-255 the system produced much less errors in memtest. I also for the first time was able to bootup in a cas latency of 2.0 while being above 230FSB.

Keeping the settings exactly the same, my sandra multimedia and mem scores increased by maybe 10-30 points. The bios, option wise is pretty stripped down, probably due to it being an alpha.

Unless your itching for those extra few points, I would atleast wait untill the 1.0 version is released.

Last edited:
i dont remmeber the exact modelk number but the tccds are the pqi 3200 rated at 2-2-2-5 .. potential is great but not to high with 1gb kit.. im pleased though .. i have read many threads about this memory some get good results with hiogh volts and others have trouble getting over 3 volts .. luck of the draw.. i wish they made some pc4000 at 2-2-2-5 that would be sweet !! at low volts of course ..

if i had the choice to do it over agian i would say that i would go for pc4000 or higher.. to get a gauranteed 500 + FSB..

Last edited:
Where is the official site to download his BIOS's. And if there are none, where do you get them from?? Also, what is this CPC option everyone keeps speaking of?? Thanks.

I'm now using a old TicTac bios with SATA bios 4.2.47, and I'm using a SATA RAID0 array build of 2 x WD 120gb. That is my system drive as well. What will happen when I flash the new D27 bios, will my RAID array be f'ed up?

for you guys that are complaining about the new bios incorrectly reading the size of your harddrive, it is reading it correctly. it was just always wrong before. this is the math behind it:

74,000,000,000 bytes * (1 kb / 1024 bytes) * (1 mb / 1024 kb) * (1 gb / 1024 mb) = 68.91787052154541015625gb ~= 69gb

the key here is to realize that when you buy a 74gb hd, you're buying a 74 billion byte drive. my 120gb western digital is the exact same thing - windows recognizes it as 111gb. just plug in whatever size drive you have in place of the 74 and do the math, and you'll get the actual size in gigabytes. those crazy marketing ploys....

Last edited:
Back