• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D26 NF7/NF7-S Speed Fire by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Senater_Cache said:
I have a single stick of 521mb (double sided)
do I want CPC off or on?

If you got single stick of 512 it should still be fine to use CPC On. It's not just about memory size, it's about the number of banks. The NF2 can't use access memory properly after a certain number of banks are reached. Using a single stick of 512 should stay under that limit.

I wrote this little Visual Basic program to help with my overclocking goals, if it would help you guys great.

It won't go as an attachment, can somebody host it for me, I will e-mail it to you if anybody wants it.
It's got all the Intel P4 and AMD XP multi-, FSB, and the FSB can be adjusted manually or with a slider. The memory ratio is adjustable also.

It's for finding out how far you have to push the FSB to reach a megahertz goal.

If you put it in a .zip compression, you should be able to upload it just fine :).

I'm always having to mess with a calculator when trying to figure out what numbers I'll be getting; sounds like a neat and useful little program :).

I wrote it because I got tired of playing with the calculator, and forgetting which processor had which multi-

To change the color double-click on background. Pass it around if you find it handy, enjoy

it's located here

Last edited:
WOW, that was a scare....whew..

Updated to taipan cpc ON (i think) w/ sata 4250 bios installed into (buy someone from another forum)

After I updated the bios, windows starts to start and then says "hal.dll is missing or corrupted", so I'm like ****!

But I guess it switched by boot device from sata or HDD-0, lol...I was about to reload windows, but thouhgt I should look through the bios once more....I'm REALLY glad I noticed that

Now everything is fine :D

BTW, how can I tell if I installed the CPC on (1T) bios?

Hmm, looks my memory bandwidth went down some :(
w/ official d20 w/ merlin d26 TaiPan cpc on (i believe) all at 217fsb
Int aEMMX/aSSE 3339 3265 94%
Float aEMMX/aSSE 3201 3137 91%

How can I tell for SURE that I have cpc on (1t)?

Back