• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

daily defrag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have an SSD, no, never ever defrag an SSD.

As for HDD, i think daily is overdoing it. once a week or even twice a month could be OK IMO. Also depand on your usage.

+1 ^^.

Never defrag a SSD, as far as when to defrag a HDD, I do it monthly maybe, but I dont move a lot of stuff on my HDD's either.

+1 ^^.

Never defrag a SSD, as far as when to defrag a HDD, I do it monthly maybe, but I dont move a lot of stuff on my HDD's either.

This thread reminds me that my HTPC has never been defrag in the last year ! Those HDD are only for backups and torrent so they dont need defrag BTW.

these are drives that are used every day with files created and moved and deleted. they get fragged pretty quick it seems

You could defrag at night or when the PC is idle. Newer drive are much faster and defraging isnt as much of a boost as when i had my good old IDE hdd's. All my OS are on SSD's for years now so i never really done or simply needed a defrag on any of my drive since they only have backups and random file.

Back