• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you ever cheat in games? Do you think it can increase enjoyment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do on GTA IV but only in singleplayer, there is just sooo much more to do with for example "simple native trainer" like build huge jumps or whatever and all kinds of crazy stuff.

I cheated in just cause 2 after I beat it and its hilarious how you can literally jump across the whole map.

I remember playing The Saboteur and I had progressed about 60% of the way and just got tired of it, but I was told the ending was really different and shouldn't be missed. So I used a infinite health cheat to finish the game. :p

If its single player who cares if you cheat abit to get to the end, especially if you weren't going to finish it otherwise.

I never cheat in multiplayer games but yes I do cheat in single player games..:D
the one and only game that i used to play with cheat is starcraft (skirmish mode) :p

some times in the single player games its how you can get to the really fun stuff.

GTA3 on PC i would hack the cabbies to have really good grip mass greater than a freight train and speed like no other and a low center of gravity and it was awsome.

low grav cheat in the origonal driver game was pretty fun as well.

i havent tried any of the cheats for the other games i have, makes me wonder if theres any thing for just cause 2 aside from those crazy mods, gotta love nude mod though

On cod 4 the non on servers are just full of hackers so I.go in there.sometimes with walls since everyone.is.doing.it.it makes it.like a different game.and.its.fun.for a.little.while
P.s. my phones space and... are too close so I hit .it.a lot.haha

I cheat in story mode but with online I never cheat and I use to be an admin on a couple of servers.. Most of time I would catch cheating and beat the hell out of them in the game and they report me for it but they where cheating for lack of skills lol . Oh most of the time I never tell people I am the admin on the server ..lol

I cheat in Oblivion because I felt like they screwed up in the design of the leveling. There are far too little enemies for one thing, and if you are level 10 or level 200, it still takes the same amount of time to kill the same damn creature. So I just end up going into towns and spawning 15 minotaurs etc. The chaos begins while I sit on a rooftop and watch.

I cheat in Oblivion because I felt like they screwed up in the design of the leveling. There are far too little enemies for one thing, and if you are level 10 or level 200, it still takes the same amount of time to kill the same damn creature. So I just end up going into towns and spawning 15 minotaurs etc. The chaos begins while I sit on a rooftop and watch.

Lol I hate killing people and getting warrants ... The best is the weapon test room.

That and games like GTA, I mean who has honestly completed a GTA game (at least on the PC) without using a trainer at some point to spawn cards, add stars/remove stars, give all weapons, god mode, etc!

I usually don't cheat in games but games, but when I do it's when I just want to beat them because I am really not enjoying them.

For example; Resident Evil 5. I did not like that game, I got it on Steam for like $10 and thought I would give it a go. After about three hours of gameplay I just said "Fudge it" got a trainer with infinite ammo and invincibility and just powered through the game just to get it done.

Depends on how much enjoyment you get out of a game. If you want to cheat, go for it. I'm not going to tell you how to enjoy your games.

Hacking in multiplayer games is unforgivable though.

That and games like GTA, I mean who has honestly completed a GTA game (at least on the PC) without using a trainer at some point to spawn cards, add stars/remove stars, give all weapons, god mode, etc!

You can't really unlock the full potential of GTA until you stand on a roof while hacking in 6 stars and god mode. :thup:

I used to (in single player)...but I quickly learned that it kills the fun. I also used to hack in a free online fps (Combat Arms) but I stopped playing for the same reason...no fun.

On an ironic side-note for Combat Arms; I never even got accused of hacking when I dd (primarily because I sucked at it), but when I started playing again 2 years later...I got banned for having a 60% headshot count (G36E FTW)...with nothing but my mouse and an erasable marker.

I cheated heavily in GTA III for the PS2. Those were fun times maxing out my starts, driving around in tanks trying to avoid getting killed. I'd also turn on the "hostile citizens" cheat and everyone started firing on everyone, especially me. THose were fun times.

I tend to cheat in games after I beat them.

Right now I've been playing through STALKER with mods and spawn mods.

Its fun to go into the Freedom camp in Shadow of Chernobyl and spawn a crap load of Chimeras/blood suckers and more Freedom members and then watch the blood bath ensue on top of a building.

The only game in the last several years that i can remember cheating on on my first play through, that actually made the game better for me, was mass effect 2. I used the save editor to give myself 500,000 of each of the metals so that i didnt have to spend 10 minutes mining each planet. Just scan them, look for beacons or side quests, and move on. Vastly improved the quality of the game, to me, by removing something that existed just to eat time.

Back