• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 North Bridge heatsink literally burned my hand!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
holy thread resurrection, batman.

with ambient temps that high, you'll always be limited unless you go to peltier or phase.

Lost in Isaan said:
Ambient temperature is my “Achilles Heal” most days my home office reaches 35 Deg C. ...

Any suggestions? Some pictures would be great.
Thank you
Look into earth cooling.

If you don't have access to the ground, you probably want a waterchiller. Maybe you could base it on a window AC unit and mount it in the window so the heat goes outside. I'm assuming that for one reason or another, actually airconditioning the place is out, but that would work too.

Otter said:
....I'm assuming that for one reason or another, actually airconditioning the place is out ....
I'm an Australian living in what could be called a near traditional home in the far NE of Thailand an A/C is impractical. Call it personal choice.

I will look at a seeing what I can do with a water chiller, thanks.

For the record I'm not a Gamer, this OverClocking thing is just something of a challange for a bored olde man and to keep me off this.:beer:

Sounds like burying a mess of copper pipe would fit your lifestyle, then. A chiller would get you lower temps and a slightly better overclock, but it would also be a lot more complicated.

Lost in Isaan said:
I'm an Australian living in what could be called a near traditional home in the far NE of Thailand an A/C is impractical. Call it personal choice.

I will look at a seeing what I can do with a water chiller, thanks.

For the record I'm not a Gamer, this OverClocking thing is just something of a challange for a bored olde man and to keep me off this.:beer:

an A/C is impractical...but a chiller for a pc is something worthy of looking into? :-/

I know these are personal preferences, but I always seem to try to find rationale in everything I come across...

Otter said:
Sounds like burying a mess of copper pipe would fit your lifestyle, then. A chiller would get you lower temps and a slightly better overclock, but it would also be a lot more complicated.

chillers arent that much more complicated. and would probably net you the same results as a phase unit, but not just phase on your cpu. phase on your video card/northbridge/etc etc, EVEN RAM! you just need to learn to insulate properly, which really isnt that hard.

Back