• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumo's Yellow Box by PC-Ice @ -110C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumo

Still tuning and will do load test with FX55 130nm....Don't mind the "NYC's taxi cab yellow"...as long as it can give my 57 its needed jolt of cold then is good :)

screenshot0019lz.jpg

dsc049222xw.jpg

Check this out....http://www.ocxtreme.org/forumenus/showthread.php?t=625&page=1

Last edited:
Awsome Dumo, grats on the new cascade. When will you have it by? Hope you don't have cold bug problems.

Sucka said:
Awsome Dumo, grats on the new cascade. When will you have it by? Hope you don't have cold bug problems.
Thanks Sucka :) Hopefully by early next week. Will try to pass those 'crazy fast dothan' boys :p
Also hope it will work with 57, if no go then 55 130nm 0442 gotta carry the task...

dumo said:
Thanks Sucka :) Hopefully by early next week. Will try to pass those 'crazy fast dothan' boys :p

You know i'll be rooting for you ;)

Your results may very well determine if i go cascade, so i'll be paying close attention :beer:

Nice stuff, i wanna see it in action once you get it. How much did that thing cost you?

***off topic***Tell Pc Ice he's welcome here, since at XS hes pretty much been wiped off the site...dont know why tho. Hes banned??! wtf.***off topic***

Sucka said:
You know i'll be rooting for you ;)

Your results may very well determine if i go cascade, so i'll be paying close attention :beer:

LoL, judging from your results there, maybe an -100C and lower maybe u can get 4ghz on your fx 57. :D

This is the wrap up before finished packing and on the way to NYC... :)

screenshot0100sn.jpg

dsc049704yj.jpg

screenshot0082nm.jpg

screenshot0095gf1.jpg

dsc049843ed2dn.jpg

Last edited:
NIce gonna freak out OPB and his black box with alittle taxi cab yellow.

Funny thing about Dothan is they seem like the powah in the tubes but I shall find out some time this week.

Good luck with this might have to tune it down to a -90c cascade to escape that SDs cold bug though since it probably will blow away the claw when it comes to max overclock.

Thanks Eldonko :) Hows the chiller?

Heres the snake sleeve...

dsc050016cq.jpg

Chiller working great, although sometimes I think the compressor is going to explode and kill me during a long gaming session hee hee. Once PC_ICE finishes my SSer I will use the chiller for GPU only, should take some stress offa it :)

Any idea if there is a cold bug with 57 or at what temp it will kick in? Saw some SS results but no cascade on a 57 yet. Good luck by the way, hope your 57 freezes well!

Shamino had his at -90 on his cascade.

Sampsa/kuma could only do -60 controlled with LN2.

Some poeple have had success running them on Dry ice so its really a toss up as to how badly they really are cold bugged.

Looks like thats sportin a pc_ice evap too, same block that's comin on my Mach I. Can you show the mounting/insulation parts?

You get the new mounting stuff Dave made? I would like to see it considering he is making a cooler for me too heh. PM me if it's a seeecret :p

trueplaya4ever8 said:
Nice stuff, i wanna see it in action once you get it. How much did that thing cost you?

***off topic***Tell Pc Ice he's welcome here, since at XS hes pretty much been wiped off the site...dont know why tho. Hes banned??! wtf.***off topic***

LoL, judging from your results there, maybe an -100C and lower maybe u can get 4ghz on your fx 57. :D

He's been wiped off the site because the greedy owners of XS (Who sells evaps etc) see him as a threat so the just banned him...everybody that was posting how wrong this was got banned to or got their post erased....XS can kiss my butt.

Back to topic. Dave makes super nice units and yours look great! :)

edit: Just spoke to him. We should have him here soon. :)

Last edited:
trueplaya4ever8 said:
Man i remember when xs had that split a while ago. anyways glad pc-ice is goin to join us here.

Me too :) . The number of first time phase change systems comming from this forum is going through the roof. It would be great to have another experienced guy to show us the way.

Hey guy's :)
looks like my account here is still good:)

Eldonko.you got the new mounting.

Im also sending you some of the new top plate's that will be clear.so you can see the foam being sqeezed to make the airtight seal.:) plus it looks cool.

pc ice said:
Hey guy's :)
looks like my account here is still good:)

Eldonko.you got the new mounting.

Im also sending you some of the new top plate's that will be clear.so you can see the foam being sqeezed to make the airtight seal.:) plus it looks cool.
Hey buddy, good to see you here! :)

The unit should arrive tomorrow, I even schemed an afternoon off so I will be around to receive it heh heh. I checked status today and it is at customs in Calgary. I can see those guys now scratching their heads trying to figure out how much duty to nail me with lol.

I will start a thread here soon to share lotsa pics and results from that sweet cooler. :bday:

Back