• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With only 3 options it wont take long to determine LLC stability. I would personally start at Level 1 and check. If it's unstable then bump it to Level 2. I'm guessing it'll need level 2 but it's just a guess. Since there's no need to push additional voltage where it's not needed start with 1 though.

With only 3 options it wont take long to determine LLC stability. I would personally start at Level 1 and check. If it's unstable then bump it to Level 2. I'm guessing it'll need level 2 but it's just a guess. Since there's no need to push additional voltage where it's not needed start with 1 though.

Thanks for REPLY. Problem is really this solve my problem with overclocking cant go higher above 4.3 ( in Turbo Mode ) ? ( Got Auto CL1/3 , CL6 )

What board and CPU do you have?

i5 2500k and Gygabite GA P67A D3 B3 rev. 1 with Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 CL9

problem is i cant properly configurate in bios becouse i dont understand CL1/3 CL6 etc.... if there will be someone with old Gygabite interface who can help me when i ll get into home i ll send some screens about it becouse i cant go above 4.3 in turbo boost mode

P.S. I can overclock becouse i bought and sucesfullyScythe SCNJ-4000 Ninja 4 (( from 90 get 40 :D ))

anyways many thanks for help

Yes, please post screenshots of your BIOS options. Stating things like CL1/3 and so forth makes me think you are looking at RAM timings? You can either use the XMP profile for the memory or as a starter just set it to Auto for right now. For overclocking most modern Intel CPUs you only have to touch voltage, load line calibration (LLC) - and that's a maybe, and the cpu multiplier.

Also... Read this thread. Nearly identical board. The BIOS will likely be the same or damn near.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-i5-2500K-overclock-limited-by-my-motherboard

Nah its ok i can overclock it to x57 BUT when i did it PC will freeeeze on starting windows or in windows it self this happen when i choose more then x44 nvm i ll make some picture and i ll try disable those C1/3, speedstep, CL6 when i ll come to home

P.S.: Why Windows Task manager showing me 4,9Ghz and other programs like CPU-Z showing me 4.3 ?

Nah its ok i can overclock it to x57 BUT when i did it PC will freeeeze on starting windows or in windows it self this happen when i choose more then x44 nvm i ll make some picture and i ll try disable those C1/3, speedstep, CL6 when i ll come to home

P.S.: Why Windows Task manager showing me 4,9Ghz and other programs like CPU-Z showing me 4.3 ?

What do you have your multiplier set to? I would trust that setting over software.

Ok guys i am back from work i disabled TURBO BOOST and now i have 4,5 But What i need enable if i do NOT want tu run my CPU all time at 4.5 ?

Ok i Enabled some C3/6

Last edited:
1.So i made it 4.6 but i am worried becouse on CPU-Z Showing me multiplier (x16-x55) but when i ll run that program with end95 or intelburntest it doesnt going above 4.6. ANother Question is save have Vcore around 1.340V ?

2.What is meaing Dynamic Vcore(Dvid) on my motherboard?

3.What i should do thwn Load-Line Calibration i have only 3 Options Auto,Disabled,Enabled What i should choose?

4.How can i make MORE STABLE Clock at 4.6/4.7 ? By increasing Voltage? But i think 1.40V will be overkill for mine CPU dont want overburn it

5.What will happen when i bought 1866 but as i have mine motherboard support only 1600 and mine CPU support only max 1333 (( Omg iam so bad xD )

6. What is max. safe freq for i5-2500k ( i want to live it atleast 2 years then i am going upgrade PC expect me here )

And i wan say BIG THANKS for everyone on this forums !!!

1. Player, I'm not sure why CPU-Z is showing the variable multiplier if you have turbo disabled but I would trust the actual clock displayed. i.e. 4.5Ghz or 4.6Ghz. We generally consider 1.35v safe so long as you have adequate cooling of the CPU so just monitor your temps regularly. Remember when summer comes for your area you may experience higher temps and might need to drop this OC down a touch.

2. I've never heard of Dynamic Vcore either so I did a quick search her and came up with this. TL;DR : Looks like it might be Offset Vcore

3. I would enable LLC. It doesn't increase temps very much but will allow the board to feed increased voltages if necessary.

4. More Stable? In my opinion you are either stable or you are not. But the answer to your question is yes more voltage and more cooling. However you are approaching that higher than recommended voltage point. I personally would not go above 1.35v unless I was on a custom water loop or better. JMO

5. Overclocking your ram is a whole other adventure. I would recommend making sure this OC is completely stable before proceeding to OCing the ram. Also I would start a new thread for that. This isn't the thread for that.

6. Frequency isn't what kills CPU's. Heat does. So long as you keep your CPU cool and not to overvolted you will be fine to run it 25/7 at these settings. Naturally all electronics have a life span but from what we've seen mild to moderate OCing doesn't shorten the life span. Heavy to extreme overclocking, well, that's a different story.

You're very welcome Player! This community has taught us all so much that it feels good to contribute and give back when we are able. Best of luck and feel free to start up a thread with some results. We may be able to fine tune your OC even more.

:salute:

1. Player, I'm not sure why CPU-Z is showing the variable multiplier if you have turbo disabled but I would trust the actual clock displayed. i.e. 4.5Ghz or 4.6Ghz. We generally consider 1.35v safe so long as you have adequate cooling of the CPU so just monitor your temps regularly. Remember when summer comes for your area you may experience higher temps and might need to drop this OC down a touch.

2. I've never heard of Dynamic Vcore either so I did a quick search her and came up with this. TL;DR : Looks like it might be Offset Vcore

3. I would enable LLC. It doesn't increase temps very much but will allow the board to feed increased voltages if necessary.

4. More Stable? In my opinion you are either stable or you are not. But the answer to your question is yes more voltage and more cooling. However you are approaching that higher than recommended voltage point. I personally would not go above 1.35v unless I was on a custom water loop or better. JMO

5. Overclocking your ram is a whole other adventure. I would recommend making sure this OC is completely stable before proceeding to OCing the ram. Also I would start a new thread for that. This isn't the thread for that.

6. Frequency isn't what kills CPU's. Heat does. So long as you keep your CPU cool and not to overvolted you will be fine to run it 25/7 at these settings. Naturally all electronics have a life span but from what we've seen mild to moderate OCing doesn't shorten the life span. Heavy to extreme overclocking, well, that's a different story.

You're very welcome Player! This community has taught us all so much that it feels good to contribute and give back when we are able. Best of luck and feel free to start up a thread with some results. We may be able to fine tune your OC even more.

:salute:

So why mine Windows 10 will freez ? i should increase Vcore ? About Cooling i just installed Ninja4 To #5 about RAM i am not telling about OC Ram i am telling when i ll go intel Ark i5-2500k saying this sandybridge only supporting max 1333 ram and my motherboad supporting max 1600 and i have installed 1866 Question is should i decrease it to 1600 or 1333 or let it be 1866 ??

Thank you !

If windows is freezing up on you then either your OC is not stable or your Windows is corrupt. It's most likely your OC.

The Ninja4 is a good cooler and should be plenty for this OC.

You should set your ram to 1333 until you get your system stable and then work it up to 1866. The 1333 and 1600 max you are talking about does not include overclocking ability. You should be able to get to 1866 with no trouble but for gaming purposes (assuming thats what this rig is for) 1600 is more than enough with the i5-2500k.

If windows is freezing up on you then either your OC is not stable or your Windows is corrupt. It's most likely your OC.

The Ninja4 is a good cooler and should be plenty for this OC.

You should set your ram to 1333 until you get your system stable and then work it up to 1866. The 1333 and 1600 max you are talking about does not include overclocking ability. You should be able to get to 1866 with no trouble but for gaming purposes (assuming thats what this rig is for) 1600 is more than enough with the i5-2500k.

All right thanks ill try down rate mine Rams and i ll see but still dont UNDERSTAND why pc will freeze should i increase Vcore?

All right thanks ill try down rate mine Rams and i ll see but still dont UNDERSTAND why pc will freeze should i increase Vcore?

The PC is freezing up because the overclock is unstable. You can try increasing the Vcore, however the CPU might have hit a wall where it will not overclock much further without a lot of heat and voltage. Safe Vcore and temp up to 1.4v, 90c.

What is meaning Dynamic Vcore(Dvid) on my motherboard?
Dynamic VID setting allows the Vcore to work dynamically using the CPU VID, so the voltage does not have to be fixed at maximum all the time, the Vcore will go up and down according to CPU load, multiplier, temp.

I use Dynamic DVID +.075 with, LLC AUTO, 4.5 GHz, the CPU is stable with less voltage than fixed Vcore.

Last edited:
Back