• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EKWB waterblock issue with ROG Strix 1070ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leadtheway

So before purchasing the block i contacted support to find out which block is supposed to be compatible with my Card.. They said EK-FC1080 GTX Strix . So i purchased. Went to install today and it doesn't seem like the holes all line up and theres a bit of gap between the card and the mounting points on the block. Anyone else run into this?

thats the correct block. theres another strix 1080 block that says it works with your gpu but it will have the same mounting points. if you cant get it to line up i would hit ek up and see if they may know whats wrong.

try using the configurator on eks website to find the two blocks it shows as being compatible.

thats the correct block. theres another strix 1080 block that says it works with your gpu but it will have the same mounting points. if you cant get it to line up i would hit ek up and see if they may know whats wrong.

try using the configurator on eks website to find the two blocks it shows as being compatible.

Yeah I did the configurator and got the same block. I sent ticket to support but they aren’t in on weekends, it’s going to drive me crazy. Attached are some pics showing what I mean 553327FE-A17A-403C-8AAE-089B0B0CE205.jpeg 876FF83D-8222-431D-A295-0D1F1AA6A3B3.jpeg 21D462F4-7A0A-4831-BEEC-915A0C73BDE6.jpeg A3C4DF53-88F2-4E99-9888-E01B12BB184C.jpeg 86944408-19F2-4F7B-8D78-A45A5368AB88.jpeg 553327FE-A17A-403C-8AAE-089B0B0CE205.jpeg 876FF83D-8222-431D-A295-0D1F1AA6A3B3.jpeg 21D462F4-7A0A-4831-BEEC-915A0C73BDE6.jpeg A3C4DF53-88F2-4E99-9888-E01B12BB184C.jpeg 86944408-19F2-4F7B-8D78-A45A5368AB88.jpeg

yeah thats definitely not the right block. i cant tell what exactly is getting in the way but it should lay down nice and flat. the only thing to do now is wait until monday and see if ek can rectify the situation for you. you shouldnt have any problem with that as ek has excellent customer support. they will take care of you.

yeah thats definitely not the right block. i cant tell what exactly is getting in the way but it should lay down nice and flat. the only thing to do now is wait until monday and see if ek can rectify the situation for you. you shouldnt have any problem with that as ek has excellent customer support. they will take care of you.

Yeah heard back from their support. It’s not right block, this is ReV2.0 so I guess I need the original. Hope the card isn’t damaged

Thanks all

Did you overlook some detail when using the configurator or does the configurator need to be updated? It would be good to know if the latter is the case so as to help other forum members not make the same mistake.

Did you overlook some detail when using the configurator or does the configurator need to be updated? It would be good to know if the latter is the case so as to help other forum members not make the same mistake.

I think its my fault, because EK is european, shipping with them is $$$, so i took what they had in the configurator and found on amazon. I got the REV2.0 thinking it was just the newest version of the block i needed

do they have the first revision in stock? or do you have to order from ek(bleh)?

do they have the first revision in stock? or do you have to order from ek(bleh)?

They had both the block and backplate in stock but I found the backplate on amazon and the block at a US retailer and was able to overnight it cheaper than ek. Their shipping is out of control

They had both the block and backplate in stock but I found the backplate on amazon and the block at a US retailer and was able to overnight it cheaper than ek. Their shipping is out of control

nice, yeah shipping to the states is rough.

Back