• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F4-3200C14D-32GVK + Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slyb

Registered
Could use some help..
Get errors with XMP on.
At 2133MHz i can pass 10h GSAT and 1000% HCI.
My RAM is in the QVL in 4x config:
(G.SKILL 16GB 2Rx8 F4-3200C14Q-64GVK DS Samsung 14-14-14-34 1.35v v V V v 2133)
Gskill.com has the Gaming 7 on their QVL with my RAM

Is is my RAM that's faulty or is it just a timings and motherboard compatibility issue?

Last edited:
With 32gb of ram you'll need to set timings/voltage manually and add some SA/VCCIO voltage to help the IMC push it along.

On auto I got SA 1.3V IO 1.185V.

Tried lowering SA to 1.2V
and raising the voltage to 1.38

What would I need to change?

Attachments

• 2017-11-19 (8).png
    2017-11-19 (8).png
    625.8 KB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:
what do the memory and SPD tabs show in cpu-z? your timings are setup to run at 3200 so i assume that ss is while xmp is enabled? they still wont run stable with 1.38v? keep xmp enabled, reset your cpu to stock while you do the following. download and run www.memtest86.com run it from a disc or a thumb drive for a couple of hours and let us know if your still seeing errors. im pretty sure your getting false positives.

Got errors with both GSAT and HCI on XMP. (Hardware incident with GSAT)
Still think it's false positives?

Attachments

• 3200C14-stock-xmp.PNG
    3200C14-stock-xmp.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,123
Last edited:
i have no experience with either so i cant say. that hci memtest is a pita to use. can only test up to 3.5gb per instance bleh. im guessing the nb freq is tied to the cpu speed? try memtest86+ is my advice.

On auto I got SA 1.3V IO 1.185V.

Tried lowering SA to 1.2V
and raising the voltage to 1.38

What would I need to change?

I would try the SA at 1.3-1.35V and I/O at 1.25-1.3V. If the memory runs fine at default it's likely OK and the issue is in the CPU/mobo settings or you just have a weak IMC

...try memtest86+ is my advice.

The test stopped automatically after 5h+.
No errors yet. Trying a second run.

- - - Updated - - -

I would try the SA at 1.3-1.35V and I/O at 1.25-1.3V. If the memory runs fine at default it's likely OK and the issue is in the CPU/mobo settings or you just have a weak IMC

Isn't 1.3V a bit too high for IO & SA?

Not for me but that might not be true for everyone. Have you updated the BIOS at all since you got the board? They have 4 BIOS listed at their site with the most recent in mid November. BIOS typically helps with memory in the first few releases

You could also try adding a bit of voltage to the sticks themselves like 1.375 but most likely you're going to have to try manipulating the SA and IO voltages untill they work. Try raising the IO to 1.25V first and see if that does it.

I've tried 1.38V and 1.4V.
OK thanks. I'll try to raise the IO to 1.25V

Keep the SA around 1.3V
I have some boards at home that set SA on auto for 4266 ram at 1.4V+ but it doesn't need it.

I have tried 1.5V
with an OC to 3733
IO = 1.25V
SA = 1.30V
But kept getting errors even with very loose timings
(no CPU OC)

Keep the SA around 1.3V

- - - Updated - - -

I thought we were trying to get the sticks to run at 3200 XMP ?

That was before when I was trying to get a stable OC.
Then I tried XMP again and got errors.
(did only 1h of GSAT and some memtest86 when I first got the RAM)

Sorry for not being clear

But I will not be happy with just 3200 :)

Last edited:
Back