• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F4-3200C14D-32GVK + Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But this motherboard is in the G.Skill QVL for this RAM.
Shouldn't I just be able to use it at XMP then? If I don't have faulty hardware...

I'm generally using AIDA64 memory+cache to test memory stability but later I'm also checking settings in mixed tests as even when are no issues during stability test then can happen something later.

I assume that G.Skill is testing memory on motherboards they are listing but I don't trust motherboard manufacturers and their QVL lists anymore. Pretty much every motherboard manufacturer lie in their QVL lists. Recently you could see 4000+ memory kit support on motherboards which are not even booting above 3733 or 4200+ memory support on motherboards with SODIMM slots which are not even supporting full size DIMM and there is no manufacturer who is selling SODIMM above 3200. There were quad channel kits "tested" on motherboards with 2 memory slots ... in quad channel as they say ... how ? Next thing, every single ASUS Z370 and X299 motherboard had exactly the same memory QVL list. ASUS says in their OC guide that X299 TUF won't work with memory above 3600 but on their QVL list are 4133-4266 kits, interesting.

I'm not sure if memory module is faulty or it has weaker chips. Anyway if it doesn't meet rated specs then it's best to make RMA.

Glad you found the bad stick of ram. Post back how the replacement works.:)

The replacement was also faulty :-(

But I also now have another warehouse deal set.
2x8 G.Skill Tridentz F4-3600C16D-16GTZ.
It is on the G.Skill QVL for my motherboard (Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7)
I keep getting the error message C1 and a boot loop with both sticks one at a time no matter what slot i put them in.
Had 4 of the 3600C16 sticks working without problems. But they were Ripjaws F4-3600C16D-16GVK

Both sticks faulty or should I blame the Gaming 7?

Last edited:
Why don't you use the Ripjaws F4-3600C16D-16GVK? If the other ram was not working I would blame the ram.

Back