• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan for SK-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

What is a good fan for the SK-7 that comes with a rheostat so I can control the fan speed. Also, should I get a 60, 70, or 80cm size?

Thanks

I would suggest a 8cm fan, it would allow the most airflow at the lowest dba. Might I suggest the Metronics fan.

definatley use a 80mm fan. You get a much better airflow to noise ratio. As for which one check out the y.s. tech adjustable fan, the thermaltake smart fan II, and the new vantec thermoflow. Hope this helps.

good luck,
Kent

I have a Delta 80cfm fan that I use with a rheostat that I made myself. The delta max speed is 5700rpm but once it's slowed down to around 4500rpm, it's very quiet and I only gave up around 2-3c .

Only a delta user would call an 80mm at 4500rpm "very quiet"

Anything above 3k bothers me.

I got a thermal take smart fan II that i raped from my volcano 9 (which wasnt so good) on my red motherboard it looks nice and move considerable air. i have it running 3000 rpm right now thanks to the speed controll thermal take includes. If you dont need extreme cooling performence, a 34 cfm led fan would be pretty pimp. I would love to stick my thermal take grill on one of those and have a window in the side of my pc. it would look pimp.

my xp 1600 at anything up to 1600 mhz has no issues with the low flow fans. i used a 60x10 mm fan that amd uses with their retail hsfs, and it wouldnt go higher than 50ºC. at 1.8 ghz... well that is somthing else ^^, but it would not break 58ºC. low noise, low flow.. but still decent enough. if you are like me, you dislike having your pc go higher than 50º, if you are mad overclocking, get one of those ys, delta or sunon fans. if not, definatly LED fan :D

Lithan said:
Only a delta user would call an 80mm at 4500rpm "very quiet"

Anything above 3k bothers me.

You're absolutely right. I guess I've grown immune to the noise. LOL!!!:) :) :)

TMD 70mm fans would be great for moderate OC :) .. and less noise compared to monster fans like Delta and YS Tech screamerss ...

Back