• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First manual overclock. FX-9590 Sabertooth 990x R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have the same chips fx9590 with asus sabertooth fx990 rev 2.0 running @5100.34 voltage set to 1.46 and never experienced temperature rising high and hot.prime 95 blend test my temps only reached 52 the most.still perflexed about this heat thing on fx 9590 by the way my cooler corsair h110i and psu 1300watts evga super nova.im a new member you can check my profile

H100i ?

I also have very heavy doubts even at 1.4600v.

My experience was at stock 4.7ghz and load claiming v-droop at 1.416v heat soaked 120.2 custom loop in no time while having standard ambient temperatures 72-75f.

H100i ?

I also have very heavy doubts even at 1.4600v.

My experience was at stock 4.7ghz and load claiming v-droop at 1.416v heat soaked 120.2 custom loop in no time while having standard ambient temperatures 72-75f.

I was thinking the same but don't have personal experience with the 9xxx series so I didn't chime in. I'd love to see these SS's that are promised.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/768459-FX9590-unstable

Probably ought to watch here too then.
I have a feeling you'll never see any pics.

Can you please guide me to upload the pics while I'm blend testing it to shut down fan boys and dispell the rumors about this chip, right cooling minimum of 1000watts psu and configuration this fx9590 delivers one quick note I got this chips directly from amd

- - - Updated - - -

Also let me add I'm running 4 sticks of tridentx240016gb

Can you please guide me to upload the pics while I'm blend testing it to shut down fan boys and dispell the rumors about this chip, right cooling minimum of 1000watts psu and configuration this fx9590 delivers one quick note I got this chips directly from amd

- - - Updated - - -

I ust posted how here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...590-unstable?p=7894007&viewfull=1#post7894007

Include HWMonitor if you will. That'll give us a good idea of what's going down. I'm not saying it's impossible, just those chips are few and far between.

Last edited:
Curious to see Cpu-z P-states on Aval0412's processor.

To do this, return rig to stock auto. Open Cpu-z, go to about tab and save report. Then open txt report file scroll down to p-state section and copy paste to forum post. It just that EASY! Please and thanks you. It will help with building a data base for AMD FX-9590 processors.

Where's ZEN?

Curious to see Cpu-z P-states on Aval0412's processor.

To do this, return rig to stock auto. Open Cpu-z, go to about tab and save report. Then open txt report file scroll down to p-state section and copy paste to forum post. It just that EASY! Please and thanks you. It will help with building a data base for AMD FX-9590 processors.

Where's ZEN?

No kidding. Probably at least six months. I'd rather wait then have them rush it out like last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Fan boys? Avail0412, just an FYI of why there are people skeptical about 1.46 V stable on an H110i. We have seen plenty of these chips come through here. We also have a few that own them, see above. I've personally yet to see a single 9590 run stable with that little voltage. I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying I've yet to see one. The whole 1000w Psu isn't accurate though, the power draw of that chip is likely higher then the stated 220w AMD claims. That said the whole system with 1 Gpu at stock clocks isn't drawing anywhere near 1000W of power. Only if one is overclock both the Cpu and Gpu on extreme cooling would one need that much power or if running multiple Gpu's.
Here's how to add pics. Capture4.PNG

Last edited:

lol. just cause his ONE chip out of numerous FX-9590's can do this or that, does not dis-spell some said rumor. It's more a fact the Cpu is problematic. Well at least for the average user who is NOT even trying to overclock. Hangs and hardlocks. You can check every single forum board on earth and read this issue. Even at the Asus ROG site itself.

No worries. I believe. In Santa. The Green Giant and many other mysterious creatures. I do KNOW however the hang issue is for real though.

Fan boys? Avail0412, just an FYI of why there are people skeptical about 1.46 V stable on an H110i. We have seen plenty of these chips come through here. We also have a few that own them, see above. I've personally yet to see a single 9590 run stable with that little voltage. I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying I've yet to see one. The whole 1000w Psu isn't accurate though, the power draw of that chip is likely higher then the stated 220w AMD claims. That said the whole system with 1 Gpu at stock clocks isn't drawing anywhere near 1000W of power. Only if one is overclock both the Cpu and Gpu on extreme cooling would one need that much power or if running multiple Gpu's.
Here's how to add pics.View attachment 173234

What'd you do bro?.......you're pink. :D

Back