• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Post: Oc'd 8350 on air to 4.5ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ha you shouldn't be one to talk sir gonester, then again nor I. :D Speaking of which I should add the 4770k to my sig as well.

I've been fighting with this beast now.!

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741473

I've gotten the 280x as hot as 85c Once!!! It will game on default clocks at around 81-82c and idles fine now that i've kept ULPS under wraps.

My 7970 seems to have locked voltage and I cant find a reasonable way to unlock it either by a software trick or by a bios flash, my research hasn't provided any tasteful fruit.

I put you a post over there in ATI vid cards about the temps of cards.
RGone...

Thank you! I could smell the heat from my case lol! I don't like that smell.

I am thinking I may add two slightly more powerful front fans on my air 540 case to push more air through the case.

Gonna bring this thread to a close and sum up it's performance!

Started with a 4.0ghz Fx8350 and acheived a 4.4ghz clock and thoroughly used it for gaming using Triple Monitors, Single monitor and even VR headset enabled games. Used the 4.4ghz overclock daily with no crashes or errors pertaining to stability or the clock.
As of recently I have put the CPU (after a year of great service!) onto a Corsair H100i watercooler and pushed it further up to a final clock of 4.8ghz with continued stability and performance as it helps cope with two 3gb GPU's in crossfire! This chip has performed phenominally and continues to take everything I throw at it. My list of dirty deeds ranges from Battlefield 4 on ultra at 1080p at 120fps to dealing with 100's of gigabytes of raw video in 1080p from my GoPro Hero 3 black. The computer case and overclock is a conversation peice for visitors of my house and of course the racing sim is a must to try when you walk through the door!

I'll take a few minutes and get a few of my base numbers rounded up and a few current numbers to get a chart of where it's been and where it's at now to finish off the summarization.

Thank you to all the gentlemen here at Overclockers.com you've made it fun and kept the stress on the cpu and not on me!

NQmFzYA.png

AM99y0v.png

bWq7GUP.png

F4AIOjl.jpg

Last edited:
Nice phrasing man > stress on cpu and not on you. Nice roundup of an oddyssey that seems to have taken you to a nice place for computering.

A real breath of fine fresh air to see someone make current their success. You worked hard and stayed at the workbench until it all came together.

Thank you for the update and look into the past as it is the present. Luck to you man.
RGone...

Back