• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-4300 : Golden or merely Good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still think it's ram settings. 16Gb corsair. Is it 2x8 or 4x4Gb ? AMD IMC has trouble with some high density, dual rank memory and it's possible that auto on the corsair is setting some sub-timings just a bit too tight. The combination is throwing errors. That's just my guess.

Will re-install system from new when it arrives, maybe try out W8.1 instead of W7 with Classic Menu program cause i simply hate Metro on non-touchscreens...
Why not W10? Its free from W7. We have a huge thread on it (as far as how/installation, etc). :)

2x8gb and everything not on XMP is auto methinks.

Hell to the no on W10, besides not wanting "big brother" recording everything I type/do, the driver and program support is still too young (the amount of system settings you have to change when you install it is maddening). Had the Pro x64 1st proper release for a couple months on a Samsung Notebook and while it "felt" faster then W7 half my programs didn't work properly.

Post up a pic of your ram timings in bios for me , all of them.

2x8gb and everything not on XMP is auto methinks.

Hell to the no on W10, besides not wanting "big brother" recording everything I type/do, the driver and program support is still too young (the amount of system settings you have to change when you install it is maddening). Had the Pro x64 1st proper release for a couple months on a Samsung Notebook and while it "felt" faster then W7 half my programs didn't work properly.
Big brother, LOL!

Works fine for me across three systems. Never had to change any systems settings outside of the privacy ones upon initial setup and that took 30 seconds (and its once). You must have some legacy apps or something if you have multiple not working. Perhaps try compatibility mode, etc...

Anyhoo...

Big brother, LOL!

Works fine for me across three systems. Never had to change any systems settings outside of the privacy ones upon initial setup and that took 30 seconds (and its once).

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/
http://www.techrepublic.com/article...y-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/

Maybe you don't mind Microsoft recording everything you type down to credit card transactions and your talks to your friends/family but to me its a big issue, everyone is entitled to their privacy. I will most likely only move to W10 when some program comes along that disables EVERYTHING that sends back info to them. But like always its a personal opinion.

Gonna pick up my kids from school be back in 30m +- :)

Correct. I don't give a shat. We have a huge thread going over that issue. Also, there is a program out that will do that as I understand it (see thread).

But I digress. GL with your CPU! :)

OK I have a few suggestions, we'll see if this helps

row cycle time 38
wrte to write and read to read at 5
write to read may need to go up one
can also try a refresh of 3.9 if things are still a bit wonky
and voltage at 1.55

(On phone) doesn't post or tries to post and crashes at Windows load screen.

And noticed a bad tendency for auto to set itself at 1T instead of 2T.

what speed was that running when you took the SS. One thing I did notice is that that ram says nothing about AMD. I know people say ram is ram is ram but we have definitely seen otherwise. I'm going to be busy here after lunch but I'll post you a link for the CHvz bios that explains some of the timings and how to set according to ram size and speed. It's not the holy grail but could help you get that stabilized.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2585-ASUS-Crosshair-V-Formula-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking

You're right it is VERY little worth as it isn't updated. Neither show up but the CML8GX3M2A1600C9 has 3 "cousins" in there of same speed and size, might work properly.

I mention its (lack of) worth because of the list itself/how it works. The list shows what they TESTED. If it is not on the list, that doesn't mean it won't work. The fact that it hasn't been updated, makes it worse, LOL!

Tis why i said it MIGHT work :D well so far passed 4.7ghz 1.308v IBT very high 1st run, kinda hopefull as it wouldn't last 1minute before :) this kinda boring at ~ 340s each pass...

Last edited:
I have the 8 Gig kit of that memory, I think. If you think it might help I can pop it in the FX rig for a test run tonight, never had it in that board yet bought it for the 4770K I have. Not sure how useful that will be but the offer is there.

The 1866 or 1600 LP ? Either way much appreciated m8 :) if by some miracle I can get this working right I'm sure I'm gonna have to fight someone to keep the chip :D

Back