• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-4300 : Golden or merely Good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You take a usb formatted to FAT32, put your BIOS file on it named CH5Z.ROM plug it into the rog port and hold the button on the back until a light starts to blink. Don't have to move anything. When the light stops it's done so boot up.

Non-Z version, only button in back is the CMOS clear near the PS/2 ? plus lights and buttons inside are almost all underneath the GPU. I'll sort it out...

Just got my new toy and quick question, we used to have little plastic/paper separators for the standoffs, so they wouldnt short, do we still need them ? Haven't got any in the last 3 motherboards I bought.

Felt like you answered this already (your other 3 boards work, right?)... but, they are not needed. :)

No, I have been using my (very) old ones, and wasn't sure if it was the motherboard or that case that supplied them. 2 of them broke and I didn't have backups. Good to know

No I have not seen any since my MSI GD70 I think and they were tiny plastic ones.

Back