• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6100 Asus Crosshair V Help/Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tigerseye2008

Registered
Hi, Im having trouble getting my fx-6100 past 4.334ghz stable and the HT over 2680mhz. I have the newest bios and a huge coolermaster heatsink that never lets it go over 41c. Have windows 7 pro 64bit and the 2 hotfixes. Every once in a while my comp becomes unresponsive/lags for a second even doing simple things. This is my first AMD cpu but ive been overclocking intel since p4 days so not sure what im doing wrong.

Also is there anything better then my current ram (G.Skill ripjaws v1.6 2x2gb 1600 @ 8-8-8-24 t2(t1 is unstable...)) speed/timing wise that would increase stability and load/respond times with the mobo/cpu?

Hi Tigerseye. Have you been running stability tests after each overclock to insure that you are stable at 4.33ghz?

Please download HWMonitor and CPU-Z and post screen shots of each of the windows so we can see what your current settings are before we continue to help.

Heres one from cpuz just let me know what else you need. I can take bios pics if you want.

Please download Prime95 and run it - you're going for a 20 minute BLEND test. Watch each of the cores - if one fails, let it be from a rounding error, or a fatal error, you will need to restart your computer and continually add more core voltage. Remember that the more voltage you add, the higher the temps are going to get! Try not to go over 55c CORE temps and full load.

Initial impressions says you are not stable and you're WAY under voltage. Continue to add voltage to your core, running Prime 95 for 20 minutes or until a core blows (whichever comes first).

Don't forget to read the stickies in this forum for a run down of how to overclock. I am just giving you guidelines - my word is not the law.

well your core voltage is the first problem. you can't expect to run 4334mhz with stock voltages.

For example, a stable 4000mhz for me is 1.41vcore on my FX-6100

Ok thanks, also I was wondering about this 3:10 ratio isnt that bad? and the 2640mhz is high as it will boot even tho I thought this cpu/mobo would do 3200mhz? Is it my ram? since I was using it for my old core 2 duo E8500 system...

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 188
Ok thanks, also I was wondering about this 3:10 ratio isnt that bad? and the 2640mhz is high as it will boot even tho I thought this cpu/mobo would do 3200mhz? Is it my ram? since I was using it for my old core 2 duo E8500 system...

You're under voltage. Go take your bus back to 200 and up your multiplier to 21.5, put some more voltage in, read a guide, and get to overclocking!

So...put multi to x20.5 (was x18), bus back to 200 (was 240), increased all the voltage on cpu and nb and ram. still only boots with 2600mhz HT and NB but seems to run alittle better. ran prime 95 blend a few times and core temps go from 24c to 87c in less then 20 secs...then shuts off...what im a doing wrong?

oh I looked just to make sure heatsink didnt come off. seems tightly attached still and the pipes do get hot so...

yeah I have never seen it do that before even under heavy load using arctic silver so it shouldnt need to be replaced/reapplied

There is no reason you should be getting those high of temps. How are your case fans setup?

using 1 120mm on top blowing in and 4 80mm 1 on back is blowing out side is blowing in and 2 front blowing in

but right now i have the case open and sides missing doesnt seem to affect temps also for the prime 95 im i only testing one core at a time cause when i do 3 instead of all 6 temps only get to 71c and ive been running it for 5 mins now

Back