• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6100 Asus Crosshair V Help/Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's not really ideal. You want to test all 4 cores or your processor is kind of moot.

I'd start by reseating your heatsink and putting new thermal gel on it. Before you do that though, can you post your CPUZ and HWMonitor test right after you started the blend? You shouldn't be seeing those high of temps.

What happens if you blend at stock? What do your cores read?

broke out my laptop to see i was too hasty lol and dont you mean all 6 cores? I just got done cleaning heatsink and cpu found out that i didnt apply paste evenly so it only had about 60% contact. Also I had it up to 5.0ghz stable at 1.5v core, just the heat was crazy and mobo would do overheating shut off runing anything so ill post when its back together lol

Beep! the tube of paste I had only had alittle bit left and wasnt enough...well thanks for your help so far looks like I wont be back till I get some paste which will be a few days but I look forward to getting this cpu overclocked.

Got it back together put it back to 3.3ghz and ran blend test after 5 mins 2 cores had hardware failure errors and it got up to 80c...

Yeah I was wondering if I got a bad cpu...how would I go about doing that? I bought this when it first hit the market.

Thanks for your help by the way I noticed when running prime 95 that those 2 cores that errored sometimes read different temps then the other cores...

Back