• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8350 socket cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My screen is just to keep cat paws out of the fan blades. Flash photos really highlight how much I need to get out the canned air. lol

I made a loop with a zip-tie through the top two fan holes, then hung the loop around the top of the VRM heatsink. My "VRM fan" is the stock CPU fan from the FX 8320 cooler.
What kind of temps are you getting on your socket?

Can someone tell me which CPUID temp is the socket? This is after running Prime95 blend for 30 minutes. I'm only running 4.5GHz.

CPUID-temps.png

CPU = socket
Package = core

Core #5 failed. Need more vcore. 1.425 will probably get you there.

Last edited:
C/D = Caddi Daddi. A notorious Overclocker that loves to torture young CPU's. He really enjoys making them cry.

Just curious, anybody have the 8350 with the M5A 99fx?

What clocks are you getting & what voltage?

I'm at 4.6 ghz at 1.39V.

I'M trying to hit 4.8 or even 5.0

You'll need a bit more voltage, in the 1.45-1.50v range and a whole lot of cooling.

I'm running an 8370 on one. I'll have to chevk clocks and voltage, it's on the backup rig and I haven't messed with it since I got my RMA back on the rig in my sig. The memory is some cheap Nanya from Amazon, DDR 3 1333 MHz I'm running at 1600 MHz, 9-9-9. It's using a meh air cooler I got for quiet rather than outright performance because it resides in my bedroom. I'll check it tonight and post back with some numbers. At some point I'll pop the Phenom II X6 back in because it runs cooler, and probably not any slower. LOL

Just curious, anybody have the 8350 with the M5A 99fx?

What clocks are you getting & what voltage?

I'm at 4.6 ghz at 1.39V.

I'M trying to hit 4.8 or even 5.0

My 8350 is an early release chip, I purchased it when they first came out. On my M5A99X Evo board I couldn't get it stable past 4.4 even on water. The board just couldn't give my chip enough stable power. Once I went to Crosshair V I was able to run 4.7 stable @ 1.46875 V. I run Nb Freq at 2600 Mhz and my ram at 1866 with tight timings, 7-8-7 on my G Skill sticks.

My 8350 is an early release chip, I purchased it when they first came out. On my M5A99X Evo board I couldn't get it stable past 4.4 even on water. The board just couldn't give my chip enough stable power. Once I went to Crosshair V I was able to run 4.7 stable @ 1.46875 V. I run Nb Freq at 2600 Mhz and my ram at 1866 with tight timings, 7-8-7 on my G Skill sticks.

There's a version 2 of that board, which I have. So I suppose my board is holding me back?

to be honest, FX needs all the help it can get, so, yes we clock the cpu/nb and ram, on ram timings get you more than speed.

Back