• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8350 socket cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would first check in the tank to see if any fuel lines popped off their fittings. If you were in there something could have gotten bumped, reusing fuel line clamps, etc..
The fuel pump only cycles as a function check before the bike starts. It's supposed to run for a couple seconds and pressurize the fuel system until you start it.
Starter: You should hear the engine turning over. If you were in the tank pulling the filter, the odds are that's where you'll find the problem. Not always, but often enough.
There's a rubber sleeve that connects the filter to the hose. Problem is, it's not pressure retaining sleeve. Which is odd.

Gotta test fuel pressure to determine if the pump is good. If it passes, test the fuel pressure regulator.

If it starts and runs on Ether you know you have a fuel problem. Give it a sniff and see if it fires.

A regular customer issue with fuel injected bikes is moving stuff in the tank and having a slightly misrouted plastic fuel line wear through wear it rubs against the steel tank from vibration. Another is reusing clamps or the wrong clamps.

I have to try all the possibilities when I get time. I probably have to use a couple days.

So I finally had a chance to work on it and I think I might have figured it out. It's not the pressure regulator & it's probably my fuel pump.

My fuel pressure is only 30 psi when primed & with the bike running, it drops to 20 psi. When revved it can drop to 19 psi.

My regulator opens at 44 psi.

You have a restriction somewhere. Pinched line, mis-clamped line, or junk in a line. Those pumps never break.

Would be worth double checking to make sure the return isn't mixed up with the feed, too, I've also seen strainers scrunched up and causing a restriction in the intake flow.

Maybe something useful here, too.

There's no hose to crimp. Plus I directly connect a pressure gauge to it.

If it was crimp, pressure will build up but little flow.

The magic of going from FX socket cooling to pump and bike parts :rofl:

We, the unpaid and underappreciated, have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do practically anything with almost nothing.
Impossible things by appointment only. :D

Back