• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-9590 Sabertooth 2.0 PC shuts down at 69 degrees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are 3 fans pushing out, sorry. The one on the back and the 2 on the rad, they are pushing out thru the rad out the top.
I have tried it with just 2 sticks, and I've tried it with different memory
I tried a box fan blowing on the VRMs but I may not have waited for them to cool enough before rebooting and trying again
Unless my H100i is bad, it should be plenty to cool the cpu.
I didn't pay much for the 9590 so I'm not too upset, I just hate having a problem and not know what it is...lol...I'm going to figure out a way to cool the VRMs and see if it helps.

Thanks

Try setting the CPU to 4.5 GHz in BIOS with a manual voltage of 1.45V and see how it runs. If you're still getting shutdowns then there's something wrong.

Most people who run 9590's successfully on these forums have had way more cooling than a 240 mm or 280 mm AIO. They have had big custom loops.

VERY good point - Mine is indeed such a setup with the tower I made for it and the like.

AIO's are OK for everyday setups, for going much beyond stock they are limited by their very nature in that there just isn't alot you can do with them beyond what they are. With a custom loop like mine I can change things/add to it whatever I want if it's needed - My cooling tower was such a thing and it's made a huge difference since I got it done.

VERY good point - Mine is indeed such a setup with the tower I made for it and the like.

AIO's are OK for everyday setups, for going much beyond stock they are limited by their very nature in that there just isn't alot you can do with them beyond what they are. With a custom loop like mine I can change things/add to it whatever I want if it's needed - My cooling tower was such a thing and it's made a huge difference since I got it done.

That's why I like the Swiftech AIO: can add whatever you want!

You get it on online shop for this price (at least that how I got it, through overclockers.co.uk for £99).

My 2 cents here. I'm with Bassnut, not enough cooling. Rule of thumb still prevails. 100w per 120 rad. Stock 9xxx is 220w before overclock of any kind. 2 120 rads will heatsoak.
My 9590 with a decent overclock @ 1.55v heatsoaked a triple rad in about 2 hours time.
Take it for what it's worth.

20171121_220055b.jpg

This is my case (if it helps)

AMD shipped the Cooler Master Seidon 120M with the CPU. My cooler is double that.

Well it seems that the issue is likely solved but I thought Id chime in for a second.

When properly cooled/configured the FX chips can handle much higher temps than most people give them credit. I will admit though that its a slippery slope playing above the mid 60s though.

Check the link in my sig to see some examples of how hard I rode mine when they first rolled out. I am still using the chip from those tests in my main system.

The pump is plugged in you can see the wires from the pump if you save the pic and blow it up. Are these the stock fans? what setting do you have them running at? What is that micro usb plug that is not plugged in for? Have you tried setting your cpu speed lower .... say 4.5 GHZ @ 1.4v like Johan suggested for testing earlier?

You have a heat problem weather it from the board or the cooler you'll have to find out. I personally wouldn't cool this CPU with anything Less then 120 X 3 rad.

Well it seems that the issue is likely solved but I thought Id chime in for a second.

When properly cooled/configured the FX chips can handle much higher temps than most people give them credit. I will admit though that its a slippery slope playing above the mid 60s though.

Check the link in my sig to see some examples of how hard I rode mine when they first rolled out. I am still using the chip from those tests in my main system.

I remember your thread about this! ;)

I noticed it mostly because I had a h100i. The USB tells the BIOS there's a pump that needs to turn. Three separate cables now from the Corsair pump units.

Back